• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
fe342185,

I actually took the spec dock apart and then I used the new wire from the AVIC unit and did some handy work with a glue gun. Actually came out pretty nice. Had to almost take apart all the plastic around the connector on the CD-150 wire. Figured if I mess it up, it would cost around $50 to purchase a new cable. But worked great. Now I dock my iphone and it charges and plays at the same time. Took a while taking off the old connector, they glue it pretty well. :wink:

I think that spec dock is great looking. and it avoids me having my iphone in the glove compartment getting knocked around in there.

Hi Ebello,

You said you took the specdock apart so you can use the Pioneer CD-IU50V cable. So what was left of the specdock? Just the base and the insert?

I see you are in NYC. Did you do the AVIC install yourself or took it to a shop? I'm in Brooklyn and I am looking for a reputable installer to install my Z110.

• 8 months later...
Guest x5james

So how are you guys mounting the deck? My current bezel has the brackets as integrated parts that cannot be removed, so all I had to do was slide in the deck from the rear and use the stock screws in the side of the deck. I see fe did some brackets on the side of the deck, but how in the heck are they secured to the bezel itself then?

Also, the opening gaps around the top and bottom are larger than the size of the deck face and/or the entire deck itself. I looked back at the initial pics of this entire thread and the same gaps/openings are in fe's pictures as well, I just never noticed it. Both bezels sink into the dash the same equal distance, so it's definately not perfectly flush like the pic above with the tan interior. That's the least of my problem, and I'm fine with it sinking in anyways. I was playing with the new bezel in the dash and I can push the bottom in a little, tip the top forward and even get more angle on the deck...I just don't know how in the hell to mount it?

I was so excited to be able to install and start using this, but I have no way now of securing the deck to the bezel or the opening in my dash. Suggestions?

BTW - my old bezel in the threads and pic below is for sale $125 shipped.

http://www.xoutpost.com/electronics/bsw ... post762395

http://www.xoutpost.com/electronics/bsw ... ics-2.html

post-44600-12872763086417_thumb.jpg