AVIC411.com

Switch Details New Question

I did a through search and I could not seem to find this answer. Of all of you who did the "switch" bypass, do any of you remember which way you had to move the switch from its original position :?:

Ahh my NY friend out east, you didnt search well enough! :)

Thanks to Anthony718 of this forum here's your answer. With the Pioneer product label facing you right side up, the switch goes from left to right. He was able to flip the switch with a pin/small stick without removing the warranty VOID label! Here is the link to his post, as welll as a pic right below he used for illustraions:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2086

avic_n_bypass_155.jpg

Why thank you PaisanNYC, my west friend! I did in fact see that exact post and was planning on using a paperclip or a needle from a sewing kit because I hate the idea of voiding my warranty:!: However, I missed that line about the left to right bit. Thanks for pointing that out. By the way, how are the NavTraffic and TV tuner working out for you. I have my N3 in the trunk and I'm installing this weekend and I ordered the NavTraffic and I anxious to know what its like.

NavTraffic is nice :) I work on Long Island, and some days I have to travel from Valley Stream out to Happaugue and back. It was nice, after programming in the route I had gotten notifications of 10 to 20 miles in advance that traffic was ahead on my planned route. It always gave me the option to view where, and reroute if wanted. If I had time and was advantageous I would definitely reroute. But if I was running behind, I stuck with the plan, because you and I both know how the LIE, Northern and Southern State Pkwys can be in rush hour ;)

TV Tuner is nice. I live in Queens so reception is pretty darn good. Screen flickers periodically though while in motion. I don't know if you would get the same results being you are way out on the east end. Let me know how it goes for ya!

I'm feeling generous so I will answer your question. The switch shown in the picture is on the under side of the headunit of the n3. If you flip that switch and ground the parking brake wire it will bypass all of the lockouts and let you do everything that you normally would have to be stopped to do. IE watch video while the car is moving and change the navi destination and the like. In the future though the search button is your friend.