AVIC411.com

Beware Of 3.0 update you can brick your unit!

Obvoiusly this is an issue with bad sd cards. I can't imagine units that have identical hardware and typically software from 2.00 to 2.06.

The fact it stops at the same percentage says, yes there is a batch of defective sd cards that were sent out. Best bet is to call pioneer support, tell them the symptom and that you want a new sd card sent out. Or perhaps someone can post a copy of theirs on the ftp site, the media number/ device are all unique to your unit and paper fold out.

Just grab a sd card, copy the downloaded files to it and you shoudl be good.

A way to test may be to put it in your compute rand run a scan disc on the cards to see if there are unreadable sectors on it.

I received my cards today and just finished updating my unit. After installing the 1st card and starting on the 2nd, I got to 99% on the 1st phase and received an update failed message. I pressed retry and after about 30 sec. I received the message again. After two more retries it finally said update complete and rebooted to the 3.0 update screen. That completed successfully and am now running 3.0 fine. I haven't done any hacks or mods to my radio and I dont have a hardware or software bypass. I did install the new v2 update a few weeks ago though. The only add-on is XM (GEX 920)

you don't brick it, just need to restore your BACKUP(always do a backup) through testmode.

try using card 2 first, i had to do this, because the first wouldn't run, then used the first card again an it worked!

this is however the eu-dealer-version!

More bizarre crap. I updated wince from the files on the pioneer sd card #2 and then to 3.0 with the hack instructions. I decided to see what would happen if I put in #2 card with the 3.0 update. It started cycling through the sound files on the card. So. I decided to boot the system with the card in and after the pioneer splash screen, it went to the standard white update screen with one progress bar, it checked files, then started deleting stuff from My Flash Disk, then it started installing files from the SD card. It took my system to 3.02 and maps to 2.004. It never asked for any codes or passwords. It only took about 5 mins to transfer the files.

My F90BT fucked up to on the 2nd sd card at 26%. It has a error code 112 some kind of coping error and the whole screen went red. I called pioneer and I told them what happened they told me to send them the unit and they will fix it. What I think is so fucked up is that. I dont mind paying for a update but then it fucks up my whole unit where I cant even get pass my splash screen is wrong of pioneer. Now I have to pay for it to get fix mother fuckers. I am thinking of just getting the z110 but I am not sure.. while I just wanted to let yall know my shit fucked up to.

Screw pioneer. Fix it yourself. It isn't difficult. Maybe overwhelming at first, but spend some time reading the hack forum and you should be able to do it. If you can copy and paste files, you can do it. Much better than pulling the head unit and shipping to pioneer. I know your frustration, I was ready to put mine on Ebay when the update locked up mine.

You guys are scaring the crap outa me! I'm older than dirt, reasonably computer literate, but not interested enough to learn to "hack" the AVIC. I just want the thing to work, play my iPod (yeah I got two, a biggun and a little one), show me the way home, play a video, and have the XM and radio work. So, I got the 3.0 update and I'm damned near afraid to try the installation -- if it screws me up, I'd be STUCK. BTW, mine works pretty well now, maybe I should just leave well enough alone.

Wonder how many have been screwed over by trying the installation of the 3.0? Maybe I'll ask the "installer" to do it for me. Should I have bought something else, maybe Kenwood?

Tom

Mazda MX-5

You guys are scaring the crap outa me!

That's exactly how I felt after reading all of these posts, but I updated my F700 the other day, and it couldn't have been smoother. It didn't fail anywhere during the installation, and in 40 minutes or so it was all done, and I couldn't be happier with it! My feeling is that on any internet forum like this, most people are posting because they have a problem that needs to be fixed, and the ones that are doing fine never chime in.

You guys are scaring the crap outa me!

That's exactly how I felt after reading all of these posts, but I updated my F700 the other day, and it couldn't have been smoother. It didn't fail anywhere during the installation, and in 40 minutes or so it was all done, and I couldn't be happier with it! My feeling is that on any internet forum like this, most people are posting because they have a problem that needs to be fixed, and the ones that are doing fine never chime in.

I'm with the Riverman... I'm an older fart just like you, and I had no problems whatsoever upgrading my F700. Just go for it teaster. I was having second thoughts too with all the negative posts. If you have probs, I'm sure you'll get help in this forum. Lots of good people here.