AVIC411.com

iPod Authentication on Classic (late 2008 2G)?

I need to revive an old thread here, because I just found yet another issue with the iPod connection.

• First, it was the speaker pin, as I described earlier in this thread. I fixed that.
  • Then the stock CD-IU230V iPod cable started to go bad. I bought the AmazonBasics iPod composite cable, which has proven to be a suitable and well-built replacement for it.
  • Now, the right channel (coincidentally) is cutting out once again. This time, it's the RCA harness (part CDP1091 on Pioneer's parts site). I discovered this after sliding out my head unit, and wiggling the harness wires in different directions. Apparently, this harness was not made to be bent near the plastic connector. Unfortunately, in most vehicles, this is an inevitability. I cannot find a way to orient the wires behind the unit, such that the intermittent cutting out does not occur. Perhaps I can construct some kind of stiff sleeve about an inch off the plastic connector?

Anyone have any ideas? I really don't want to rebuy the part for $42.25, since the same thing will likely happen again.

Incidentally, I do not use any of the other RCA connectors on that harness... but I'm sure if I fed the pre-amp outputs to an amp, I'd be having similar issues there as well.