AVIC411.com

Hello,

I cant get my F90BT to see my 16G Sandisk thumbdrive. I tried partitioning it all the way down to 1.97G and formatting it in both FAT and FAT32 to no avail. I booted into WINCE and couldnt see it anywhere there either. It seems logical that a partitioned drive should show up if it was a size limitation right? I also see people using Hard drives with a virtually unlimited space. I really dont need more that about 16G so a thumb drive is ideal. I tried searching the forum for "USB", but it wouldnt give me any results :?

Thanks in advance!

Update: Changed cluster size on flash drive to 32K and drive is Recognized but not easily. You have to insert the USB drive connector into the USB cord terminal very slowly and the drive will be recognized and play fine. After it is recognized, you can pop the connector the rest of the way in and wiggle it all over the place and it wont cut out. But, If you reset the deck or turn the car off, you have to do it all over again. I replaced the USB terminal on the end of the AVIC USB cord with a standard USB terminal and you still have to do it the same way. :? What a pain in the ass! Now i have a 16gig Flash drive for the damn junk drawer... I assumed that a flash drive was a flash drive was a flash drive but apparently this deck is so picky that you have to get a specific brand and model for it to work right :evil: Id like to find the bastard(s) that did the piss poor pretesting of this unit and give them a large piece of my mind! This thing shouldnt have left the factory without making sure that the damn thing would at least read 95% of the drives on the market! I love the unit and think it has great potential but wtf! For an $1100 deck (retail); with a year of time to fix these bugs, all i should have had to do was get it out of the box, stick it in my car, download an update or two and be down the road. Sry just had to vent a little. Still wouldn't buy anything but Pioneer ;) Ill let you guys know how my next drive (or drives) work.