AVIC411.com

Official 3.0 Update Tutorial

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone!

I just purchased a refurb F700BT. It's still in the box and I'm about to install it in my car. I do understand that I need to do the install before doing any of the software updates. However, I am confused about 1 thing. Should I run the update to 3.0 before doing any other software updates (read hacks/mods)...OR should I do the the mods/hacks before updating to 3.0. From reading the posts, it seems like both ways would be fine...but I'm not sure. Hence the question. :-)

Many thanks!

phyzfer

FYI if you have not purchased your 3.0 update yet for the F series.

Crutchfield.com is selling the update for $59.99 which is HALF of what Pioneer is selling it for on their website.

Kevin

I just went to Cruchfiled, and they are out of stock. :(

Will

UPDATE: I just ordered from 6ave.com and got the update for only $51 no shipping or taxes. :D

what about the reboot problem on the f 900 bt??? is it better or is it now delet with the 3.0 update?????

i have install every update from pioneer and this damm unit dont stop to reboot!!!

i have send it to pioneer back and they sad it´s all ok!!!

so before i spend money for this sd card please can some one tell me ist it working or not!!

Thanks for the tutorial. Couple of questions:

1) Will having the parking brake bypass on the F700BT pose any issues to the update?

2) My car goes into storage in a couple of weeks, so I'd rather wait until spring to spend the $. Can I be reasonably certain the upgrades will be available come march?

3) Any news on whether you need to remove software/appearance mods before updating?

Thanks!

Has anyone updated from the X- series version of 3.0 ( the method we all used in July ) to the official F-Series? I've been using the X-3.0 on my F90BT since July, but it locks up quite frequently. Got the F-series SD cards a month ago, Wondering if the official F-Series update is more polished, and also if it will go over the other 3.0 or should I downgrade first

I have the same situation (using the version posted here in July) and now I have the retail upgrade.

But when I boot with SD1 in the unit won't boot off that card.

Do I need to downgrade or has someone else made this transition and can give me some pointers?

Has anyone updated from the X- series version of 3.0 ( the method we all used in July ) to the official F-Series? I've been using the X-3.0 on my F90BT since July, but it locks up quite frequently. Got the F-series SD cards a month ago, Wondering if the official F-Series update is more polished, and also if it will go over the other 3.0 or should I downgrade first

I have the same situation (using the version posted here in July) and now I have the retail upgrade.

But when I boot with SD1 in the unit won't boot off that card.

Do I need to downgrade or has someone else made this transition and can give me some pointers?

Don't count on the SD cards being more polished.. this is Pioneer we're talking about. They rushed the F series to market, they promised each update would fix various problems, they have a visual interface that won't display more than one piece of information at a time (artist name, song title, etc) and their latest update came with six month old maps.. do you really think they're going to pull all the stops just for an older model unit?

Hey Guys I just did 3.0 upgrade it seems to pretty good. It went smoth only one small problem. On the upgrade it got to 5% and said it had an error, (PRESS YES TO RETRY) I pressed yes it went all the tru no problems. It seems faster and sounds better or least I can see the clock now. I don't see very well. It takes about 45 Minutes. You should print your password from Pioneer if you need to reinstall your software it will work in that same unit only. I don't know if card NO.1 can used by itself. But it did reboot to the top menu.

Thanks for all the help you guys

Jeff R

F90BT

After farther review To any one who can help

After 3.0 update voice control does not work or respone. What should I do ? I press the button and the sound turns off for a 1/2 second and then comes back on. It worked before, not that big a deal I do not realy use that fuction that much. But it's nice to have.

Thanks Jeff R.

crutchfield just bumped up their price to MSRP and are still out of stock so I ordered at 6ave who had it for $60 shipped this time. Just installe the 2.006 update cause of the clock issue. I've been reading about it possibly affecting the hardware bypass but I don't see how it could, any info on this yet?

OK Guys I need some help on this... I had the software hack on my previous 2.06 version and have updated to 3.0, the tutorial here was flawless. Now it looks like I'm back to square one, I get the brake has been wired wrong screen... to make matters worse... I have gone all mac know. Can someone pm me the data.zip with the parking brake set to 156 so I can just transfer the folders onto an sd card and update my f90bt. Only downfall to owning a mac.