AVIC411.com

Official 3.0 Update Tutorial

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just tried this update (for the second time)...got it to work without a hitch the second time. :D Just take your time and follow the instructions. I have done some hacks/mods in the past and was a little worried about this one. After the first try I thought I had a brick, then I started from scratch and round 2...SUCCESS :!:

Now its time to get my other mods back + new ones!

Thanks for the great write up on installing this update!

• 2 weeks later...
Pogigreg

You can try this site.

http://www.6ave.com/shop/SearchResults. ... cnsd-100fm

they only ship within the US. As far as I know the legal updates are a one unit deal. You will need to go to the Pioneer site and get a password for each unit. That is unless you want to try to mod them.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25751

Thanks for that.

I think my update failed. Anytime i have TTS on on certain times I get the GPS reading HEX Numbers. I remember during update i had to select retry 5 times during progress bar.

I still have the SD card update and map update does anyone know how i can reinstall the update?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

FYI if you have not purchased your 3.0 update yet for the F series.

Crutchfield.com is selling the update for $59.99 which is HALF of what Pioneer is selling it for on their website.

Kevin

I just went to Cruchfiled, and they are out of stock. :(

Will

UPDATE: I just ordered from 6ave.com and got the update for only $51 no shipping or taxes. :D

Crutchfield now is selling for $119.00

I just purchased form 6ave.com for $60.00 no shipping or taxes.

HELP...I have a brick!

Unfortunately I started out trying do the the 3.0 upgrade via instructions from the Hacks/Mods forum and ended up on this thread.

I downloaded the Pioneer Update 3.0 zip which contains the following:

SD1:

Australian_model (folder), Eurpoean_model (folder), LPUE080 (folder), North_American_model (folder), Russian_Model (folder) and .ds_store

SD2:

CONF (folder), Flash (folder), LPUE080 (folder), Renewal (folder), Discinfo.txt, Diskid.dat, msnd.firmware.z

Here's what I did:

1. I updated CE by getting to the blue menu, selecting update CE, by SD. Did that.

2. Now when I turn on the unit WITH the SD card in it boots to WinCE (testmode).

3. I then copied the contents of the FLASH (folder) to the "My Flash Disk" folder

When I do all this after removing the SD card I get a black screened brick

PLEASE HELP.