AVIC411.com

Official 3.0 Update Tutorial

The update from Pioneer and it's contents:

Checking the old version number:

Step 1: With the unit off, insert SD Card 1, and turn the unit on. The first update process will begin.

Step 2: After the update, the unit will restart. Take out SD Card 1, and once the system boots up, insert SD Card 2. You will be presented with a Device ID Screen Write this number down, and hop over to PioneerNavigationUpdate.com and input the device number and media number found on the inside of the SD case. The site will then generate a password for you. Write this down or print it. Go back to your AVIC and enter the password It will confirm the update process and then present you with a new update screen. Once that update completes, it will ask you if you would like to keep your splash screen. (a nice touch) After asking, the AVIC will go back to the standard upgrade screen that we all know and love, this time updating the APL. Data. and CE Image. Once that finishes, the AVIC will reboot, and you'll be back at the Top Menu.

Step 3: Updating the MSN Direct Firmware

Go to the Destination menu:

Then go to MSN Direct

Then click Status. The update will begin automatically.

Once that finishes, your all set! Enjoy 3.020100!

DSC00545.jpg

DSC00547.jpg

DSC00548.jpg

DSC00550.jpg

DSC00552.jpg

DSC00554.jpg

DSC00555.jpg

DSC00556.jpg

DSC00557.jpg

DSC00558.JPG

DSC00560.jpg

DSC00562.JPG

DSC00563.JPG

DSC00565.jpg

DSC00566.JPG

DSC00567.JPG

DSC00569.jpg

DSC00572.JPG

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a quick question and I apologize if this question has been answered. I have Superman's version of GTI Matt's Mod installed on my f90bt right now. When I get my update SD card from Pioneer, can I just put it in the unit and do the update or do I need to revert back to my original My Flash Disk first and then do the update? Thanks.

hey i had a quick question if this up date is for the avic 900 bt and were on the pioneer website can i get it?

Yes, http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Shop/Navigation/Upgrade+Discs/ci.CNSD-100FM.Shop

I have a quick question and I apologize if this question has been answered. I have Superman's version of GTI Matt's Mod installed on my f90bt right now. When I get my update SD card from Pioneer, can I just put it in the unit and do the update or do I need to revert back to my original My Flash Disk first and then do the update? Thanks.

I'm not sure, you might want to check in the mod topic.

When I was performing my update, all was well until the MSN update screen. I hit the "settings" (or something) on the MSN screen, and all I got was a message that read "Connecting." It never stopped, and eventually I just stopped trying to upgrade it.

Anyone else have this problem? Can I redo the update and just hit the MSN update, or do I have to update the entire 3.0? My MSN direct subscription was expired when I did this - could this be the reason?

Thanks.

- Mike

When I was performing my update, all was well until the MSN update screen. I hit the "settings" (or something) on the MSN screen, and all I got was a message that read "Connecting." It never stopped, and eventually I just stopped trying to upgrade it.

Anyone else have this problem? Can I redo the update and just hit the MSN update, or do I have to update the entire 3.0? My MSN direct subscription was expired when I did this - could this be the reason?

My subscription was expired as well, but I didn't have any problems. Try putting the second SD Card in after it's all booted up, and then hit status, it should update it.

How long did your install take?

Little less then an hour.

JasonH,Would you recommend installing version 2.006 before I install version 3?

I had 2.006 since it came out on mine, but I don't see any reason why you would have to have it first. You could technically go from 1.0 to 3.0 without issue.

My subscription was expired as well, but I didn't have any problems. Try putting the second SD Card in after it's all booted up, and then hit status, it should update it.

How long did your install take?

Little less then an hour.

JasonH,Would you recommend installing version 2.006 before I install version 3?

I had 2.006 since it came out on mine, but I don't see any reason why you would have to have it first. You could technically go from 1.0 to 3.0 without issue.

Jason, now that I've done the 3.0 upgrade, do I need to go through the 45-50 min process again of updating? Or can I just go to the MSN update? Thanks.

- Mike

Just a problem report: SD install failure/parking brake

During Official 3.0 SD1 install, got all the way to 94% complete....when it went to red screen, copy file failure

repeated. had this problem with 2.0

called Pioneer, got a tech who seemed to understand what i was saying, he asks: did you ever get a parking brake warning screen

I said no, but..

So Best Buy is pulling it for free, Pioneer will repair it under warranty

So FYI .. some firmware updates may fail because of parking brake whatever..

thanks for all the help and not yelling at me for being a wuss

Hi this is my first post on this forum, I have the avic f90BT installed in my winter better 2003 maxima and I recently Upgraded to 2.06. Upon installing my unit i performed the hardware in-motion bypass (moving of the mute wire). Having seen the speed increase in loading times with the 3.0 software I ordered the upgrade kit from pioneer yesterday 95$ total canadian including shipping and taxes. My question is can anyone confirm or discredit the fact that my video bypass will affect the 3.0 complete and successful installation? Also will my unit still work while in motion?

Thanks

Alex