AVIC411.com

Official 3.0 Update Tutorial

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this thread and got all excited, thinking that this would fix the sluggish touchscreen performance and frequent iPod hangs of my F700 -- I remembered that I had upgraded to v2 on my unit a long time ago. So I ordered this update, and it arrived today.

I opened the package up, went to do the install, and found that my unit has the v2 MAPS on it; the SOFTWARE is v3.

I wish Pioneer would use one version number for their kit, and would print the version number on the packaging and not hide it in an HTML file on SD card #1.

If the seller won't take it back, I guess it will probably end up on eBay.

So, a warning to folks: understand that the software is v3 and the maps are v2 with this update. Caveat emptor.

And here I was hoping to get my damned F700's sluggish touchscreen and piss-poor iPod interface fixed. I am REALLY starting to hate this POS nav system. I am tired of having to press buttons 5 times to get them to register once, having to re-enter my security password at least once a week, or reboot my car just to get my iPod interface reset. And here I thought the joke about GM vs. Microsoft was really a joke...

• 2 weeks later...

So i have the F90BT and i have zero problems that anyone else is having. The only thing that gets my attention from this update is the actual map update. I have my head unit hand brake bypassed, will the update unpass the head unit? (this question was never fully answered) My main question is, is this update even worth it in the end???

i have no problems to begin with and everyone is saying how they are getting more and more problems after this update.

I have not been on this site in a long time and was surprised to see the information about the 3.0 Upgrade. I have a F90BT. When I went to 6th Ave as some of you have recommended, the only Pioneer upgrade I can find is described as "Pioneer CNSD-150FM Map Upgrade for AVIC-F500BT Navigation System". Is this the one I want for the F90BT or is there another one I have not yet found. Thanks in advance, Don

Has anyone updated from the X- series version of 3.0 ( the method we all used in July ) to the official F-Series? I've been using the X-3.0 on my F90BT since July, but it locks up quite frequently. Got the F-series SD cards a month ago, Wondering if the official F-Series update is more polished, and also if it will go over the other 3.0 or should I downgrade first

I have the same situation (using the version posted here in July) and now I have the retail upgrade.

But when I boot with SD1 in the unit won't boot off that card.

Do I need to downgrade or has someone else made this transition and can give me some pointers?

I'm not sure if you ever received an answer to this question yet, because i was having the same problem and couldn't find once either after searching for a while. So i went and figured it out on my own. The answer is yes, you need to down grade to 2.006 first and then you will be able to install the Real 3.0 update using the SD cards.

Ok I asked a couple people about this with no answer just yet...hope someone can answer me this question...

I downloaded both MiTguy's files. I used WinRar and extracted them to my desktop. Should there be only 4 items?

My Flash disk

Testmode

Winceimg

Winceimg.cks

So When I put this onto my 2 Gig Scard and follow the install step by step the update "SHOULD" work. Correct :mrgreen:

Thanks for the downloads!