AVIC411.com

Pac SWI-PS & 3.0

I've been reading that the preset function is now working for some via steering wheel controls since the 3.0 update. I have the Pac SWI-PS (version before 1.6.7) installed in my 08 Ford Edge. After I do the 3.0 update, will I be able to program the Pac to control my f90bt preset and band functions? The Pac website claims that the inability to do this (in the past) lies on Pioneer's side, but does the 3.0 update correct this?

With the newer 1.6.7 Pac, when the steering wheel button is programmed for the phone, what does it do? Does it bring up the contacts screen or allow you to answer and hang-up calls? Just wondering if it's worth it to upgrade...

Thanks!

yes it does controll it, BUT if you use the same button to controll the preset as you do to change tracks on the cd/ipod, you cannot use both. you can either set it to change presets OR you can use it to sek radio station and change tracks. this does not appy to those who have separate buttons available to program the preset up/down and cd/ipod up/down on

Just to clarify the above:

Buttons programmed to preset up/down don't do anything else.

Buttons programmed to seek up/down do the same thing in 3.0 as they did in 2.0.

So unless you have additional preset up/down buttons, you're better off with the seek up/down, unless you listen to a lot more radio than CD or iPod.

Pioneer still screwed this up, and should have checked what 90% of car manufacturers and radio makers do with the seek up/down - Preset up/down for single press on radio, hold for seek up/down.

A button can be programmed to answer or hang up a call, but the same button cannot do both, again, this is Pioneer not looking at what 90% of manufacturers do (common sense).

I have seven stock buttons on my steering wheel. Vol up / down, Track up / down, voice command, media, and telephone. With the Pac SWI-PS, I'm currently using the vol up / down, track up, down and media is programmed as source.

Is there anything stopping me from programming the pac to use the voice comand button as preset up and the telephone button as band? Does Pioneer allow you to use both track up and preset up if they're programmed on seperate buttons?

Thanks.