AVIC411.com

Things I miss from my older Z-series

Cant program the VR but you can program answer call, disconnect call, and something else I cant remember.

I know it's not everyone's hang up with the system, but "reaching" for a voice command button seems almost, completely idiotic... I know I sound anal, but seriously, I have it better with the previous Z...

I hope they come up with something soon... It's the only downgrade, from the Z3, that's holding me up from buying one.... well...there is the Vehicle Dynamics screen as well... Having the time, speed, and the accelerometer all displayed in a nice looking layout, is nothing less than awesome.... :(

Really? I had two different N-series, one D-series, and one Z and I don't miss the vehicle dynamics at all. If I wanted to know what time it was or how fast I was going I would just look at the giant gauges that my car comes with. I want a nav system to tell me where to go and play music, the car can handle everything else

...I don't miss the vehicle dynamics at all. If I wanted to know what time it was or how fast I was going I would just look at the giant gauges that my car comes with. I want a nav system to tell me where to go and play music, the car can handle everything else

It's an important feature for those of us who do more than just tinker with Car A/V. When you're messing around with tire size, gearing or other vehicle PCM settings in general, that vehicle dynamics display is a nice feature and lets me know I programmed everything correctly...

Glad I checked this thread. There are several issues here that would make me think twice about purchasing one of these new Z units. I think I'll wait for the next version.

True about wheel/tire upgrades.... I have bigger than stock wheels and was very concerned about it... There are fixes for it, but luckily, my truck's speedo is just 1mph or so different than the GPS...

The accelerometer is just a fun factor... I paid alot to get over 500 ponies in my truck... it's fun to see just how far you can get it...

I also like to intelligently answer police when they ask "you know how fast you were going"?

"ugghhh, yes sir, I was going 68.7 MPH as per GPS" :wink:

I do actually use it, as I frequently drive the 24 mile Lake Ponchartrain Causeway, that spans from my area to New Orleans... It comes in handy...

I also think it's the most attractive screen... It play well for nighttime driving as well, as it's dimmer than any other view...

It's not a complete deal breaker for me... but it is a downgrade IMO...

• 3 weeks later...

I also find the two page A/V screen to be annoying. Hopefully they'll update this so that you can customize it like the shortcuts screen. I need to be able to move Sirius and HD to the front page. This is especially annoying because the AM/FM buttons are grayed out now that I have the HD receiver. Let me use those locations for stuff I actually have

Mike

I called Pioneer about the HD preset BS and the tech said "that's the way all Pioneer devices are with external tuners". I responded what about XM? I asked about the greyed out FM and he said "your antenna is not hooked up or the splitter is bad" but it is. I think he doesn't know his own device (or his cheat sheet doesn't).

It sounds like from your post and others that this is normal with HD. You do get FM and AM when you have HD selected so I guess it is there. I meant to ask them if I really needed the antenna splitter and I am guessing probably not with HD, no point going to the HU...

I miss (or I am too dumb to stumble across) the voice commands "Use Freeway" & "Avoid Freeway" that were on my Z1 & Z3. If I am driving on the traffic-jammed freeway with my UNBYPASSED Z100BT, I cannot get the thing to opt off the freeway until I exit and come to a complete stop. But how do I know what exit to take? :)

Wow, reading this is def making me change my mind a bit on pulling the trigger. I have a z2 now and the split screen is def one of my fav thing (also because you can split between rear camera and navi). The Vehicle Dynamics is also a buzz kill. That was one of my fav things when hitting on on ramp (G forces). Now its the debate of how long itll take pioneer before they could fix this or change it. Or any chance we'll get lucky enough to get an upgrade cd and add some toys?

I've sold my vehicles with the D2 and Z2 installed. I never used voice command, just never thought about it.

My current truck has a factory GPS with bad bluetooth, decent Nav and a decent Sirius interface and pretty much no other features. Try dealing with that for a year or so, you'll be in love with the Z110.

• 3 months later...