AVIC411.com

NOOBIE NEEDS HELP WITH F90BT/ 2.0 INSTALL HELP

Just got the unit off Ebay. I looked at the info button in the unit and it says 1.0 something and map version 1.0 something (didn't write down all the numbers). I don't think the 2.0 is installed like the box says or am I looking at the wrong spot. Can someone please walk me through the update process as simple as possible until I can get the hang of this thing. It just loads soooooo slow and the weird blue box in the Navi screen is driving me nuts. So step by step instructions would be great again. Thanks for your time.

I don't really have time to type a complete tutorial, but these links should get you where you need to be. Just do a little reading and you should be ok. This one is a free firmware download.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... 90BT?tab=F

After upgrading to version 2.006, I strongly recommend paying the cost and upgrading to the latest version. You'll be really impressed with your HU if you do. Just read in the F-Series forum about it. Lots of good reviews. New maps and just a better overall unit.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... CNSD-100FM

Hope this helps...

Thanks. I updated the unit except for the TTD files with the Samantha voice. It would not load it. Any thoughts? I went through the directions numerous times and it would not accept the new voices for some reason. Will it affect anything else other than the voices? The map version still says 1.0. Is there any other free update for that? Thanks for all your help. This forum is great, just alittle confusing for us new guys. The search comes up with a million responses to everything.

Does it still have all the functions without the updated TTS files? Just a guess, but maybe the files it was trying to install were already on your system???

The map version will not change with the 2.06 upgrade. This is a firmware update only. You will have to buy the 3.0 upgrade to get the newer maps (second link I posted above). The 3.0 upgrade has a newer version of iGo (navi software) and Win CE (OS). It completely cleans the flash disk and replaces all with 3.0 files. IMO, it is really worth the price just for how the touch screen response is so much better. A few other new goodies too. It took my system from being good to great. Trust me... I'm no Pioneer rep or anything, but the 3.0 upgrade is well worth the price of admission.

Confusing... Tell me about it... I've spent hours and hours searching the forums, but have really learned a lot. I've accidentally found things that I had no clue this HU could do. This forum is loaded with information, but it takes a lot of patience to sift through it.