AVIC411.com

Gurjon skin for AVIC

Updated 26-08-2009

For firmware 3:

Working (well, mostly) Gurjon 6.9.2 skin with tons of goodies.

http://www.4shared.com/file/127434502/ff8a81f6/iGO.html

August 26th update:

http://www.4shared.com/file/127716134/6 ... 08_09.html

Copy to iGO directory overwriting existing files.

I'd suggest running it in emulator first. Just add maps and your preferred language file...

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so the entire content of the download would be transferred to apl2?

Easiest way to get it going. You probably could ???? it working by hacking your SYS.TXT, and copying DATA.ZIP and skin files. For average user it'd be easier to just add their maps to the download and move the whole thing.

I tried copying the whole thing over to the iGO folder, but got the "no more disk space left" message. I figured it'd overwrite and have enough space, but nope - ran out of room.

What did get up and working, though, looked pretty nice!!

Too bad, no sound. Even no click sound in the Navigation menu.

If you are using an F500 make sure that SYS.TXT has correct device type. Actually, always check SYS.TXT to make sure it has the same device type as your original SYS.TXT.

I'll ask author about 3D cars not working on an actual unit. Oin the meanwhile, you can copy them all to GFX folder and use SYS.TXT to change (finally, some real 3D models...). Becker and Blaupunkt arrows are pretty nice...

Finally made it work, but the problem was not the sys.txt, as I had put the correct device type there.

After I replace the data.zip and the branding.zip file with ones I took from the generic IGO8 June 8th build, it starts work properly as expected. I have the full functioned gurjon skin and even the 3d cars.

There is still one minor issue, at least on my F500BT, phone-bluetooth in Navigation is not fully function. I can answer/hang-up phone calls while in navigation mode, but if I want to start a phone call by click on the [hook-up] icon, i will get an error message "could not load bluetooth api dll ...". Also I would like to have the [EXIT] button disabled/hide. Having said that, I personally still feel this is the best mod so far.