AVIC411.com

My N3 Head Unit was stolen and need to replace!

Well, It was a night i decided NOT to retract the screen away and left it wide open. I had a car alarm, but apparently wasn't enough.

I bought my N3 back in 2007 when it was the one of the first navi systems for autos priced at $1800!!

ugh, so the look I gave when i saw it missing in the dash was just horrible. Just for FYI, the police found porcelain chips in my passenger side, so they concluded they used a spark plug. It has the ability to shatter windows very quietly. I didn't believe it until I youtube'd it.

They took:

N3 Head Unit

Both Navi Discs West/East

Ipod

I think the wire that connects to my antenna for a radio signal

Bracket to mount the head unit

So, I still have the brain, my ipod connector (CD-IB100II), the ipod cable to connect the actual ipod, the GPS antenna is still on the top of my dash also, and some wires inside the dash that are probably connected to the brain still.

I have a few questions about a replacement and what I might need. Given the fact that my finances aren't where they were back in 2007, I'm trying to cut corners here (since i used the ins. money for other expenses).

1. If I were to buy an N1 head unit, is it Completely Plug and Play to my N3 Brain, ipod connector, and GPS antenna?

2. What cable(s) should I look for to see if I have/don't have in order to replace what I need? I haven't looked back there since the head unit got stolen in May 2008 and just put up stock radio back in (The power cable was still hanging and I used it to connect it to my old stock radio).

3. What steps can I take to replace my Navi DVD's? The thief apparently took both west/east discs as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brian