AVIC411.com

Here http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/content/support/support/upgrade/AVIC_F900BT_F700BT.html you can find firmware update for F310. It is the same unit, I think. There aren't hardware differences in between U310 and F310 I guess. If you decide to try this EU FW write it on new SD card in order to save old one in case of something goes wrong.

I checked the versions, it seems all unit that has been sold since July are having the same version.(Mine has same version at least). So there is nothing to update, unless you have a version older than 1.0001 as mentioned.

You can upgrade using SD card, but all the data including WinCE 5.0 OS is on the flash memory on the unit, not on the SD card. So, you would not be saving anything from old software/firmware.

Also, as I mentioned in some other post, Bluetooth module software is just a release candidate(RC3) not a final version it seems. No wondering so many people are having issues.

ok just installed my unit after gettting it back from pioneer. so far no freezing.

Demetrius

Hi Demetrius,

I am observing same issues with my Nav also. I see today Nav also froze, not just bluetooth.

Can you check and let us know what version of software you have for Nav and Bluetooth.

Menu--> settings--> Service Info

Currently I have 1.0001.

Can you also check for bluetooth and let us know?

Thanks

ok so the morning after installing the unit after it was repaired or updated at pioneer i snapped in screen and turned on the car and it was frozen and its been doing it all week i'm going to call pioneer tomorrow.

Demetrius

That is bad. I guess they did not even bother to test it. Just wondering if you got a chance to see what version of software you have on this unit.

Thanks

I have had zero problems with freezing and I use the unit for navigation and music extensively. However, I don't regularly use the Bluetooth functionality (only on long trips, and even then I turn it off when I'm done). This, paired with the many problems people have had with BT lead to believe it may be the root of the problem.

It may be worth a try to turn off BT in Settings before removing the face and then back on when you reattach. Could this solve the problem until there's a software update?

BTW, I haven't had any bluetooth hangs either. I have a 2G iPhone.

It may be worth a try to turn off BT in Settings before removing the face and then back on when you reattach. Could this solve the problem until there's a software update?

BTW, I haven't had any bluetooth hangs either. I have a 2G iPhone.

I am not sure why we would be removing screen at all, atleast I am not removing. I only removed to resets when it hung which is pretty every day.

Now, today I have something special, navigation showing that I was driving somewhere about 2-3 miles away. It is very clear day, full 10 satellites, and full signal strength as per Nav it self(in settings-->connections). It is not just not during initialization, but total 2.5 miles drive it is showing I am driving in correct direction but about 2.5 miles away over the road and cutting thru fields. So, I thought now I need to reset, used Eject SD card option and rebooted system. Nope, nothing changed, it still showing I am driving( not frozen) away. I took some snaps after stopping at our parking lot.

Finally, after few more resets, and by evening it picked up correct position!!?

Oh, I can not even believe, how did they even released such a half baked product, and how come I bought it. :evil:

post-37018-12872759335941_thumb.jpg

ok so the morning after installing the unit after it was repaired or updated at pioneer i snapped in screen and turned on the car and it was frozen and its been doing it all week i'm going to call pioneer tomorrow.

Demetrius

Can you check the version of software you have and let is know if infact they have upgraded anything?

Thanks

Now, today I have something special, navigation showing that I was driving somewhere about 2-3 miles away. It is very clear day, full 10 satellites, and full signal strength as per Nav it self(in settings-->connections). It is not just not during initialization, but total 2.5 miles drive it is showing I am driving in correct direction but about 2.5 miles away over the road and cutting thru fields. So, I thought now I need to reset, used Eject SD card option and rebooted system. Nope, nothing changed, it still showing I am driving( not frozen) away. I took some snaps after stopping at our parking lot.

I had the same problem occur once. I just kept driving for maybe half a mile (including several turns) and it eventually corrected itself. Not a good thing, though.

I had 2 more episodes of Nav unit flying me thru unknown place again. But this time, I just stopped at a shop for few minutes, then I selected "Go Home". Until this time, it was showing correct place I stopped. But after that it suddenly started showing unknown roads to me for directions, but I took usual highway. Initially thought may be it is not seeing Ramp. Nope, it kept showing I am flying somewhere else even after few miles on highway, and switched to another highway. GPS shows full signal with 9 satellites locked-in with full signal.

Since, last time reset did not help, this time I turned off the unit(while driving) and then un-docked the screen, and docked it again. After this, I got the Nav screen, and highway I was traveling was identified correctly.

Again, this morning, I took my daughter to class, and while coming back, I saw it is showing some unknown roads for a mile, later I went to GPS signal screen and saw more satellites lock in. After that it started showing correct location again.

I do not know what to think about these Pioneer guys, and saying they do not have any problems reported.

• 5 months later...

Have been having the same issues with the NAVI showing me friving miles from where I actually am.

Will be updating the firmware this afterrnoon so will give that a couple days and see if the issue is corrected.

It is a very huge pain in the butt though!

If this does not resolve will return to Best Buy.

Has anyone running the 1.00003 been having the issue?

Yes, even the 1.003 firmware the nav will occasionally go into "airplane mode" and have you fly over fields and lakes a mile or two from where you really are. Eventually it usually corrects itself, but the logic it's using kind of escapes me. What's odd is that the compass shows north correctly, and the direction and speed of travel is matched perfectly, just the location is off. It seems the GPS has some signal but there is a bug in locking into a specific location perhaps a little too quickly, and once it does, is reluctant to second guess and correct itself. I've not seen a GPS with a weak signal react in this manor so I think its more software related. Maybe it's trying to prevent a weak signal from causing it to stray off target, but in fact is protecting a poor location lock in the first place?

I watched it on a recent drive home about 20 minutes out. At first I was skimming over a nice lake, but once I started tracking thru streets it would try to do it's best to lock me onto one of them (if I got low enough to the ground I guess :lol: ). But gradually as it jumped me street to street it would tend to lock onto a street that was a bit closer to where I really was, finally gear down for landing after about 15 minutes.

I'm trying to figure out if it's related to where I park. Most often I've seen the problem after parked facing north against 2 story high concrete wall. I've been backing in for a clear southerly view lately to see if that makes a difference.

Yes, even the 1.003 firmware the nav will occasionally go into "airplane mode" and have you fly over fields and lakes a mile or two from where you really are. Eventually it usually corrects itself, but the logic it's using kind of escapes me. What's odd is that the compass shows north correctly, and the direction and speed of travel is matched perfectly, just the location is off. It seems the GPS has some signal but there is a bug in locking into a specific location perhaps a little too quickly, and once it does, is reluctant to second guess and correct itself. I've not seen a GPS with a weak signal react in this manor so I think its more software related. Maybe it's trying to prevent a weak signal from causing it to stray off target, but in fact is protecting a poor location lock in the first place?

I watched it on a recent drive home about 20 minutes out. At first I was skimming over a nice lake, but once I started tracking thru streets it would try to do it's best to lock me onto one of them (if I got low enough to the ground I guess :lol: ). But gradually as it jumped me street to street it would tend to lock onto a street that was a bit closer to where I really was, finally gear down for landing after about 15 minutes.

I'm trying to figure out if it's related to where I park. Most often I've seen the problem after parked facing north against 2 story high concrete wall. I've been backing in for a clear southerly view lately to see if that makes a difference.

Nice summary. I think you described problem pretty good. Once it goof up the calculation of go-ordinates on the map, it sticks to its guns and continue unless we re-dock it again.

I do not think it has anything to do with where we park. It happend few times at home, and office and sometimes in open parking lots with clear skys.

I am pretty sure it is a software screw up by Pioneer. I would assume they would fix these kind of things in immediately following releases atleast, but I am not seeing solution anytime soon.

Just a quick update...

Has been better since updating the firmware.

But noticed a new issue yesterday driving home. While the map appeared to have me in the correct location, the street name it said I was on was wrong. It took a good 2 or 3 minutes before that corrected.

Now if they could just do something about the BlueTooth quality :shock: