AVIC411.com

hi guys i just recieved and installed my 310 yesterday. i encountered a problem with my navi. i noticed that when ever i turn on the car the gps freezes. when i remove it from the unit and put it back it will not power back on unless i do a soft reset. i was wondering if i am doing something wrong or its the unit. i called pioneer but did not have to time to wait for a tech to walk me through. any help or comment would be helpful. thank guys!

p.s. i am going to call pioneer back and see what they say about it.

yea i double checked the wiring and could not find any faults. i also checked the setting and everything seems good. the problems occures whenever i restart the car so its really bugging me. oh well until i have time to call pioneer i guess i'll just have to press the reset button everytime i start the car.

Hey Guys,

I just picked up the unit today and I'm having the exact same issue. I've noticed that leaving my ipod plugged in makes the unit freeze when starting the car. Try leaving any USB device unplugged and see if that works for you.

Either pioneer has a bunch of faulty units out there or it is a firmware bug.

Hey Guys,

I just picked up the unit today and I'm having the exact same issue. I've noticed that leaving my ipod plugged in makes the unit freeze when starting the car. Try leaving any USB device unplugged and see if that works for you.

Either pioneer has a bunch of faulty units out there or it is a firmware bug.

another guy with the same issue. i just installed mine last night and it froze on me 3 out of the 5 times i turned the key on, regardless of a USB device. not a huge deal, but an annoyance. would be nice if it got resolved and it's just something we can download/update on the removable part with our computers.

well i talked to pioneer about the freezing with my unit and they think its a processor issue. i sent mine in and hopefully they'll get it fixed this week. i'll let you guys know how it turns out.

Demetrius

Since several people are having this problem, I thought it is something to do with Firmware, not hardware. Did you send whole unit, or just the NAV unit(Screen) ?

Sending whole unit would be PITA.

It seems the whole unit is rushed to market, and several people has several issues with this unit. I got my unit today, hooked on bench and started testing it. Some of the controls did not feel intuitive, but that's ok. The problem sofar I observed on bench are, it did not read couple of USB drives, even after format and kept giving me Error 23 on the screen.

So, I connected my iPhone, which is recognized and played fine. But funny thing is, when I turned off acc( Key turn off) while playing music from iPhone, and turned it on again, music start playing again which is good, but played like old worn out vinyl record, repeating the words. When I changed the source and went back again, it worked fine.

Unlike my Prius inbuilt Blue-tooth which paired very quickly with same phone, this one took too long to pair for the first time. Later it connected quickly. Vioce quality was not good, but I did not fiddle with settings yet.

Making all audio adjustment using the single joystick control kinda tricky, not easy like typical car audio systems, but I guess I will get used to it.

Also another thing, I thought I would be able to play music without the Screen, but I could not turn on the unit without the screen at all(unlike Eclipse unit).

Anyways, please let us know how it worked out for you after Pioneer fix.

Thanks

Hey yeah I'm having the same problem. It seems to lock up randomly. When I have the unit detached and switch it on, it does the same thing ...

The annoyance is when you hit reset with the unit attached in the car, it resets all my speaker settings :x

So if you want to avoid that, detach the face, then hit reset

Hopefully they'll release a fix for it, as us sending in all our units would suck ass

The unit is VERY new and there has never been a "U" series B4 so the user base if probably quite small at this time, as more ppl buy one and discover this site the responses will probably come quicker. I suspect that most of the long time members of this site all own that Z or F series so concentrate on those units most.

Here are suggestions from Pioneer to try to help with the freezing issue:

The U310BT has a on/off switch on top of the removable screen. It should always be in the Off Position(Unless out of the car) Off means it will turn on and off with the car.

1. Reset the unit with the small pin button on the right side of the face, then turn the key off for 20 seconds. .

If step 1 does not work...

2. Remove the face turn on and let the internal battery go dead. Turn the switch back to off and put the face back on the unit.