AVIC411.com

(I thought I had) Fixed my iPod audio issues

Well there's been a lot of talk going on about the problem with iPod audio cutting out on one channel. Things started off just fine with my Pioneer IU230V and my F900. Then occasionally, I would noticed that audio was cutting out on the left channel. A quick unplugging of the iPod would usually resolve the problem. This would happen once, maybe twice a week at first, however the problem persisted and became so frequent that I ceased using my iPod entirely.

I went to best buy, looking to purchase a Monster brand cable, but my local store was out, so I settled on a Rocketfish (Best Buy's own brand) iPod composite cable. I called my install guy at the local shop, and explained my problem. He told me that he would replace the cable for free and consider it a warranty job. This made me happy because every time I have tried to take off the dash bezel on my car, i feel like I'm having to pry a little harder than I should, and I start thinking that I'm going to break the damn thing before I get it off.

A quick 20-30 minute job, and I am once again happy with my iPod audio. Just for the record, I am currently running a 60 gig iPod video (5G). I am planning on switching to the newest iPod touch when it is released next month, provided Apple finally releases a 64GB model. I'll report back here with any changes or issues with my current setup.

Well it worked for about a day.... Right back to where I started, sort of. I'm having the same issue with the audio cutting out, and the random high pitched almost Morse code-like tones, but now it is happening on the right channel. I have tried using a different iPod, and while I do not get the high pitched tones, I do have the same issues with audio cutting out. So now I'm completely baffled. If it was a hardware problem with the f900 itself, the affected channel would still be the same, even with a new iPod cable, right?

I've checked the connectors on the old pioneer iPod cable, the newer Rocketfish cable, and my iPod itself, and cannot see anything unusual there.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm stumped.

Good luck guys. I sent my unit in to fix a random reboot problem (sent it in twice already). I addressed the ipod problem like the OP has (mine is cutting out on the right channel; composite cables replaced and no avail.). I also SPECIFICALLY wrote in my letter to give me a call once the unit is received. Guess what? They never called. Just like last time, all they did was "reload software", which in this case they gave me 2.06 but wiped out my bluetooth.

I tried to do the "Customer service evaluation" but the invoice/work order I got from Pioneer is invalid and can't evaluate my experience. What a joke.

It is NOT a problem with the unit. I've been having the problem recently with my right channels going out when using my iPod. A few weeks ago I exchanged my F700 for a new F700 because of not being able to fix the issue, and tonight, 2 weeks later, my right channels went out again. Therefore, it CAN'T be the headunit itself being the issue.

It is NOT a problem with the unit. I've been having the problem recently with my right channels going out when using my iPod. A few weeks ago I exchanged my F700 for a new F700 because of not being able to fix the issue, and tonight, 2 weeks later, my right channels went out again. Therefore, it CAN'T be the headunit itself being the issue.

because pioneer cant possibily make two defective headunits right?

maybe the problem is with the software, therefore being put on more than one unit.

maybe there is a compatibility problem with some versions of the avic software and some versions of the apple software? i'm just saying, you cant rule out the problem being with the headunit because you have experienced the same problem on different units, i've seen multiple units with the same problem, and if multiple units didnt have the same issues then the problem/troubleshooting section of this websight wouldn't be so popular.

Maybe not in your case, but in my case it definately IS the headunit. I've replaced the ipod, ipod cable, and AV harness. What else could it be? I've even connected my laptop to the RCA's on the headunit and STILL had no left channel. It is obviously a faulty headunit.

Maybe not in your case, but in my case it definately IS the headunit. I've replaced the ipod, ipod cable, and AV harness. What else could it be? I've even connected my laptop to the RCA's on the headunit and STILL had no left channel. It is obviously a faulty headunit.

Well that is very odd.... Everyone seems to have a different theory, it seems. *sigh*

It just doesn't make sense if I replaced the unit that the next unit would have the exact same problem within a couple of weeks. No sense at all. I'm almost positive it's NOT the headunit itself, but something to do with those cables/harness - SOMETHING in the way they connect to the head unit is causing issues. As far as MY investigations have been going about this, that is what I personally have discovered. I'm going to hardwire the RCAs together earlier next week, per the instructions of someone else who "solved" the issue this way:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=26621

It just doesn't make sense if I replaced the unit that the next unit would have the exact same problem within a couple of weeks. No sense at all. I'm almost positive it's NOT the headunit itself, but something to do with those cables/harness - SOMETHING in the way they connect to the head unit is causing issues. As far as MY investigations have been going about this, that is what I personally have discovered. I'm going to hardwire the RCAs together earlier next week, per the instructions of someone else who "solved" the issue this way:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=26621

If it comes to that, please post back and let me know how that has worked out. I'm willing to do the same thing if it works.