AVIC411.com

AVH-P6800DVD and PTR7

Has anyone used a PTR7 or TR-7 to bypass the brake checking on the 6800? If so could you explain the programming steps required?

As I understand it the 6800 requires you to hold the brake in, while pulling ebrake, releasing ebrake, then pulling ebrake again. Is it possible to simulate this kind of trigger on the ptr7?

Thanks in advance, sorry if this is an old topic, I can only find the instructions for the Z1 which doesn't sound like it's mimicking this same functionality.

_ny_

According to the TR-7 directions it's option #2, but it's also the factory default program shipped w/ the Tr-7... I'll give it a try. I would just put a switch there, but I'd rather make it automatic, and since I have a PTR7 I'll give that a shot first. I'll be installing everything Tuesday, so I'lll reply w/ the results in case if anyone else is wondering.

Why's that sound exactly like the process for bypassing alpine systems. If that's really the case follow the instructions on the pac tr-7 for programming option 1.

If this is the case then the tr-7 would be connected like this ?:

Red -> Accessory 12v

Black -> Ground

Green -> Deck's remote turn on lead

White -> Deck's hand brake lead

blue -> not used

Does this sound correct?

Don't know anything about programming the TR7 but this may help--It has nothing to do with the foot brake. It's just the parking brake-->On-Off-On. You can use a simple switch to simulate it if the TR7 is too complicated

I just finished installing a 6800 dvd in an H2, I used the TR-7 on the parking brake lead in Alpine format. Red to ign., black to ground, green to remote(blue/white), white to the light green parking brake lead of the 6800. Works like a champ, but you get the warning every now and then, just touch "OK" and it goes away.

FANTASTICAL!!!!! Thanks for the update... your input is much appreciated. I wonder what causes the warning.

Does the warning come up during use or just when the bypassing sequence is done at boot up? It would be really annoying if my g/f was trying to watch a movie and a warning kept coming up on the screen.

Is there any pattern to when the warning comes up?

I just finished installing a 6800 dvd in an H2, I used the TR-7 on the parking brake lead in Alpine format. Red to ign., black to ground, green to remote(blue/white), white to the light green parking brake lead of the 6800. Works like a champ, but you get the warning every now and then, just touch "OK" and it goes away.
  • 3 weeks later...

A tr7 module is not needed to bypass this head unit just a relay and diode are all that needed

Use the remote output (blue white)to switch a relay to switch ground to the park brake wire (light green) this will switch the green wire to ground after the headunit begins power up and allow all vidoe function to play