AVIC411.com

How does one hack an X910BT?

i just got my unit, dont get all my install equip until next week, so til then im going to be planning out my mods. im really debating whether or not i want to do this, my main question is that the diaftia mod is not on the latest fw for x910, will this make any problems when installing mod, im not sure what fw my unit is on cause its still on the box, but if its on the newer fw will it be ok to roll it back to the mod fw?

also if i dont do the hardwire bypass. does this have the software bypass fully operational to watch videos/dvd and control nav while driving?

Bruce, sorry for the late reply - I only swing by the forum to see if Diafta has released the 3.x mods.

Last question first - The Diafta mods completely disable motion lockout of Nav and Video while your vehicle is in motion - Nav while traveling was worth the mod alone. (and avoids messing with the installation/wiring/grounding etc...)

Next - The mods only affect the Nav GUI files. As long as you have the original files that the mod replaces and you can boot into test mode, you can restore the system back to non-mod stock at any time. I still have copies of the original User Interface files stored in a couple of places to be safe, however, the mods really take the unit to the next level in features and functionality.

ok so i finally got my unit installed this morning, so what mod do you recommend i go with, the diaftia mod? if i just do his mod will it do all the important mods?

Bruce, Diafta's set of mod's is what I'm using and I'm very happy with the results. My advice: Read the instructions CAREFULY. Back up any files that will be overwritten (the specific files are obvious as you are replacing them one by one). There are other mod sets out there (I'll die trying seems to have a set that is very good) - you can always chose to return to OEM files and try another set of mods at any time.

ok so i finally got my unit installed this morning, so what mod do you recommend i go with, the diaftia mod? if i just do his mod will it do all the important mods?

So you got bypass done right?

yup sure did, i was watching dvd music videos....well not watching, just playing them, lol and controlling nav on the way to work this morning.i just stripped of the ends of the mute,park,ground wire from pioneer harness, and groud wire on my connects 2 harness, twisted them all up together and put them in a crimp cap and crimped it up. and obviosuly moved the mute wire to new location.

So you got bypass done right?

yup sure did, i was watching dvd music videos....well not watching, just playing them, lol and controlling nav on the way to work this morning.i just stripped of the ends of the mute,park,ground wire from pioneer harness, and groud wire on my connects 2 harness, twisted them all up together and put them in a crimp cap and crimped it up. and obviosuly moved the mute wire to new location.

What!? So wait... you modified your wiring harness and opted to stay with Pioneers stock Nav setup instead of performing a mod that would do the same thing as the bypass (video and nav input while driving) and get some great Nav enhancements? Why?