AVIC411.com

AVIC X910BT Bluetooth not pairing?

Got this unit and works so far okay other than the parking brake issue which I think is kinda lame...I can understand no video but unable to enter addresses on the fly is a real pain in the azz and IF I had know this before buying the unit I probably would have went with a Kenwood unit as my last did allow me to enter on the fly.

Anyway now I have NO bluetooth; it won't pair with my Blackberry Bold phone but seems to pair with my wife's iphone. Any thoughts? I have the latest bluetooth software HW100-SW330-RC3. Would love for it to work but this may be a dealbreaker as I really don't want to buy a whole new phone just to get bluetooth to work. My Blackberry pairs beautifully in all other vehicles included factory OEM bluetooth systems so I don't know what the deal here is.

Anybody with similar experiences?

are you sure its not pairing with your phone because it is looking for your wife's phone? it automatically pairs with the last phone it was connected to.

GO TO MENU then PHONE. now click on PHONE SETTINGS (make sure your parking brake is set). Choose the CONNECTIONS button at the top. what do you see there? does is list your phone and your wife's phone?

if your phone is on there choose your phone from the list and it should connect. it should now automatically connect to your phone each time you turn on the car. if you want to switch back and forth between your phone and your wife's phone you have to go to the CONNECTIONS tab and do this manually.

if this still doesnt work try delting your phone and your wife's phone from the Navi's memory and delete the Pioneer Navi from your phone's memory and re-pair them.

Got it working. I updated the BB Bold's latest software flash and then it just paired when I tried again. Downloads only 1/2 my contacts up to like L though which sucks. Am trying to figure out how to delete contacts once updated but so far works pretty good and clearly. Thanks :)