AVIC411.com

Anyone notice an extraordinary amount of glare when the unit is hit with sunlight? I tried to tilt it and it helps a little, but it seems that the screen is very susceptible to losing its image when it is hit with direct sunlight. The unit is not recessed in my dash and if it was, it would look kinda ugly. Suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Just got it in the mail and created the first part of my video. I should have this done by tomorrow night, hopefully. I haven't tested it in sunlight yet, but just installed it. It's a pretty straight forward installation and no unusual frustrations with it.

The kit comes with its own lint-free cloth, a little paper card to get bubbles out, and finger gloves for the installation. It's washable and reusable and it's pretty flexible. It doesn't seem to attract finger prints that easily either.

At first glance, it doesn't effect the image quality; basically looks the same without the protector. It's also just as sensitive to touch.

So far, so good.

Thank you for the video. Saved me a few bucks. From the video it did not look like a significant improvement or one that is worth $30. I think I will just tint my windows and the top of the windsield. Thanks again.

No problem. Great idea about tinting. That's what I'll end up doing.

Thanks for the review, looks like it isn't worth it especially for $30. It must be the angle and that my HU is much lower in the dash than yours as I can see my screen better than you even with the top down. I did notice that you specifically mentioned convertibles in your review ;)

If anyone wants one for half the price I just found them on eBay for $15 shipped, same ones, just look at the pictures, they are the same as on Amazon, just a different brand name attached. I believe only (1) screen protector is included so you aren't really saving anything.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Screen-Protector-Pio ... 286.c0.m14

Thanks for the review, looks like it isn't worth it especially for $30. It must be the angle and that my HU is much lower in the dash than yours as I can see my screen better than you even with the top down. I did notice that you specifically mentioned convertibles in your review ;)

If anyone wants one for half the price I just found them on eBay for $15 shipped, same ones, just look at the pictures, they are the same as on Amazon, just a different brand name attached. I believe only (1) screen protector is included so you aren't really saving anything.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Screen-Protector-Pio ... 286.c0.m14

Yeah, I am convinced that screen visibility has a lot to do with how the HU is mounted and the design of the dash. I never had this problem with my Tundra that came with stock navi (still the best navi IMO). A few of Subaru WRX owners with the stock navi have complained that the screen is hard to see. I think it's because it actually sticks out of the dash. The unit itself is very good, IMO, similar to Toyota's...probably made by same manufacturer...Fuji.