AVIC411.com

3.x update and satellite display

For anyone who has applied the 3.x update to their F-series radio and has Sirius, did it make any difference in having just the one line of text displayed? Having just the one line annoys the hell out of me. For anyone that has XM, did it always show more than one line of text, and if so, is there any difference since the update? Thanks.

I haven't applied my update yet, maybe later today, but the XM display has always had multiple lines for song info, if you are on the XM screen. It does truncate at a seemingly-low number of characters per line though. I seem to recall reading that they've updated the icons for some of the XM channels that default to the satellite symbol. I guess that when Sirius and XM merged and they moved channels around, some of the icon mappings got screwed up.

My biggest complaint has always been that if you click on the channel List button, it always starts at the top of the list, requiring you to scroll excessively, while I prefer that it start at the current channel.

Nope, it's still one line on the map. It truncates at 16 characters I believe. It sucks. We have all this techonology and the programmers can'rt seem to get there thinking caps on straight.

Anyway, I was hoping someone would get the update from the AVIC-Z110BT and apply it our f series. I beleive it has a 2 line display on the bottom