AVIC411.com

Anyone have a 100% fix for the Ipod right channel issue

Ok guys,

Now before i go and pull my f900bt out of my truck and call up pioneer and shit it to them, has anyone come up with a fully working 100% solution to this problem. I'm kinda pissed off with this issue and honeslty, seeing as i paid full price for this unit unlike most, i'm not too happy that i'm having all these issues!(especially the bluetooth issues i'm having with the unit locking up after ending a call) I know people change the cable with partial results, i'm looking for a 100% full working solution or is that solution just shipping the radio to pioneer? i can put my stock radio back in in 5 minutes but don't feel like shelling out for shipping it to pioneer if they can't fix it either!

-Mike

Mike,

Part of the answer is that you have to properly diagnose the problem.

Just knowing that the issue is related to analog signal paths, you have to follow the path into the AVIC, and it's not until you reach the last 2 steps that the problem is "only Pioneer fixable"

When your audio comes out of the ipod/iphone, it follows this path:

• [*:2flwjz9w]Analog from ipod internal side of the dock connector
    [*:2flwjz9w]cable side of the dock connector
    [*:2flwjz9w]cable side of the RCA connection
    [*:2flwjz9w]AVIC harness side of the RCA connection
    [*:2flwjz9w]Harness side of the AVIC input header
    [*:2flwjz9w]Internal AVIC side of the AVIC input header
    [*:2flwjz9w]internal analog path

An issue with the rt-channel path anywhere in that flow will cause the problem.

You can eliminate the top 3 connections by testing with a 3.5mm to RCA jack and using the AV1 input in non-ipod mode.

But you can see from the path, that there's not a single all encompassing fix, and there's plenty of places to have the issue. And there's plenty of us that have no issues at all.

Well i had this issue with left channel, unit went to pioneer supposedly fixed it, b$ll5h1t!

Got back exaclty the same, got the place that installed it to change the cable all good again for about 8 weeks. Now I randomly lose the right channel.

I reckon the pioneer cables for cr4p, a lot of people now using the apple cable without any issues, may be worth a try??

I have the same problems as the OP.

1. I used to have the same problem with the Bluetooth not hanging up after a call. I changed phones from a NOKIA 6500 to a Sony Ericsson P1. Bluetooth works flawlessly. So it could be phone dependent.

2. I shipped my unit to Pioneer for the Right channel distortion. They shipped my unit back without any solution. All they did was reloaded my software from my 2.0 to 2.06. I've tried new composite cable, different ipod.. no help. Seems like the only viable solution in this forum is hardwire the connection together.

Good luck to all. I've lost my faith in Pioneer after this unit.

I can't believe the number of people here who believe that troubleshooting this problem requires an ipod and the ipod cable. Don't troubleshoot the most complicated error prone setup, start by taking it back to the basics, start back at the beginning since you KNOW it's an analog signal path. We know there are occasional units with bad internal connections, but it's certainly not a majority by any means.

You can eliminate 50% of the potential issues in testing by using a 3.5mm headphone jack to RCA jack cable, this will tell you where you are losing your analog signal, if it all works fine at that point for a few days/weeks, then you know it's the ipod cable, if it doesn't then you know it's NOT the ipod cable.

This isn't rocket science, and people keep overlooking basic solid troubleshooting to resolving the issue.

I just had a problem with the right channel using my Ipod too, no sound or poor quality sound. My problem was definately the Pioneer Ipod cable. From what I understand their cables are not the best. I went to the apple store in the mall and bought their cable, works great now. The apple cable ends are much heavier than Pioneer's.

• 1 month later...

It has nothing to do with firmware/software. It is a hardware issue, one Pioneer is aware of. The plug that the white harness plugs into that connects all the RCA cables to the unit has a weak solder joint and causes the iPod RCA inputs from the iPod cable to short out either left or right or both, sometimes fade in and out (loosing connection). Send it in for repairs...

The reason why yours worked for about 8 weeks and then "mysteriously" started not working is because you have some sort of a bind or pull on that harness that's putting force on the connector and constant movements and heating up and cooling down take a toll on the solder joints. I recommend getting Pioneer to fix the solder joint, then before reinstalling using some sort of epoxy or perhaps even a hot glue gun to reinforce the plug to the frame of the unit, being careful to not affect the plugs operation.

Some basic troubleshooting steps to help those with this issue...

First determine if it is your composite cable... Wiggle and manuever the dock connector while monitoring the audio... Fade in and out? Replace composite cable.

Next gain access to RCA connectors on gray harness WITHOUT removing headunit if possible. If you have a weak solder joint moving the headunit can be enough to cause the sound to change. Try swapping L and R channels... Anything change? If so, replace composite cable.

Next gain access to rear of headunit. Wiggle gray RCA connector... Any change? If so send unit to Pioneer for repair.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having this audio drop out problem on my new F90BT. I seem to be getting it on other sources besides the IPOD though... I have noticed it on DVD playback and FM radio playback.

Sounds like an internal analog path issue? Anybody else have this problem on other sources besides Ipod?

I am having this audio drop out problem on my new F90BT. I seem to be getting it on other sources besides the IPOD though... I have noticed it on DVD playback and FM radio playback.

Sounds like an internal analog path issue? Anybody else have this problem on other sources besides Ipod?

If you're hearing it on other sources, then it's not the ipod channel issue..

Look hard at any amp and or speaker wiring..

If you're hearing it on other sources, then it's not the ipod channel issue..

Look hard at any amp and or speaker wiring..

Zero problems with my factory nav unit... It is in an '05 Escalade. I used the Metra adapter, and of course sound is output from the F90BT to the factory Bose amp. Again, never had this problem until the install, which leads me to believe it is either the harness or the Pioneer. And since others have reported similar problems with the head unit, it points me in that direction.