AVIC411.com

Won't Accept Password

I've seen the posts questioning whether the unit is stolen. My unit is NOT stolen. I can provide a fax/pdf of receipt / pictures with original boxes etc., if anyone can IM and help me.

I put a brake controller in my truck today. Took the negative off the battery. I made sure I had my manual with the password written down before I did this. It won't accept the password. Where were you born...not a hard question but either I typed it wrong originally or something is up with the unit...for some reason I have another password written down. I've tried both and combinations of the two...no luck.

I searched and see reference to Master Reset with the Remote. I'm having no luck finding the steps.

I can get into the service menu.

If anyone can IM to provide help I'd be extremely thankful and as I noted I can prove that I am the original owner and it was a legtit purchase.

Assuming the unit was calibrated for using your screen correctluy. just use your smallest finger and do not push to hard. Just tap shortly on the screen. It will work..... I had to put in my password a couple of times and sometimes it did not work. It will when typing slow and precise with the smallest or most sensitive finger on the screen. For some fingers the screen is less sensitive.

Thanks for that tip. I know I have the correct password.

I get pretty crazy about stuff like this...at lunch I just went in and reflashed...saying what the hell...It's going to costs me $250 (with shipping) to have Pioneer fix it. May as well wreck it and buy something less annoying. Funny thing....problem solved. No more password. I can't beleive they charge $200 for that. I've bought alot of Pioneer stuff over the years but this thing has caused me to re think.