AVIC411.com

Just installed my AVIC-F700BT

So I just finished installing my unit, and ran across 2 problems..

1. Sometimes it won't go to the menu screen, but instead after the splash screen says something about the rearview and how it is reversed, and won't leave this

2. Ipod is connected and recognized, but it won't do the voice thing and when it plays no sound comes out. The radio works just fine, but I can't get it to play the ipod even though it shows the song playing and all the info

Sorry if these are commonly asked questions but I am in a real rush right now and just need some help! Thanks in advance!

So I just finished installing my unit, and ran across 2 problems..

1. Sometimes it won't go to the menu screen, but instead after the splash screen says something about the rearview and how it is reversed, and won't leave this

2. Ipod is connected and recognized, but it won't do the voice thing and when it plays no sound comes out. The radio works just fine, but I can't get it to play the ipod even though it shows the song playing and all the info

2: Did you hook up both the RCA and USB connections for the ipod and remember to set AV1 to ipod?

USB = ipod control

RCA = audio and video signals

most people that have the "Ipod no sound" problem are tring to use a regular usb Ipod cable which wont work, as stated above, there is a special cable that has usb and composite video one one side and a dock connector on the other, you dont have to use the pioneer one, you can use any brand (apple, rocketfish, ect) as long as it has the use (for control) and the composite video out(yellow for video, red and white plugs for sound).

as far as the reverse screen, this is the screen that pops up for the reverse camera, if you dont have a camera hooked up make sure that there is nothing hooked up to the purple reverse wire (it may have a white stripe on it) also you will want to make sure that the wire has not been pinched by anything while the unit was being installed, as a short to ground would make the unit think that you where in reverse.