AVIC411.com

F90BT "Antenna Error" with Sirius

I have a 2007 GMC Sierra (new body style) and for the past 2 years I've had the SIR-PNR1 paired with either the Avic-D3 or, within the past 9 months, the Avic-F90BT.

Since the truck came stock with XM, it already had a satellite antenna and I just rewired the connector to be compatible with the Sirius PNR1 box. For over 2 years it's been working fine with both head units.

About a week ago, I was listening to Sirius during my drive home and suddenly the audio died out and the display on the F90BT said "Antenna Error" and kept flashing. Now that's all it does.

Since an antenna is a fairly dumb device, I'm guessing that the truck's integrated antenna probably isn't bad, but I don't know for sure.

I thought since the PNR1 is pretty old (had it for over 4 years now) maybe it went bad. I suppose I could try to replace it.

I haven't yet pulled the unit out to see if the antenna wire came loose or something, I should do that tonight. Any other things to check?

And before you ask - I am running 3.01 software, but have been running it for about a month problem free, so I don't believe it is connected.

you probably should check the connection, either it came unplugged or there is a problem with either the sirius unit or the antenna, i highly doubt that there is a problem with the AVIC. if the antenna has not came unplugged, i would try hooking up the antenna that came with the sirius tuner, if you still get the antenna message then the problem is probably witht the connector on the sirius module, if it goes away then the problem is with the antenna(factory antennas do go bad, just not as often as aftermarket antennas)