AVIC411.com

Aux input?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, they screwed the pooch on this one in 3.0. The external inputs no longer function correctly. The only way I could get it to work was to set AV1 to Video and AV2 to video. Then switch your source to AV2 and it plays. Apparently it thinks the front 1/8" jack is a video input. Brilliant Pioneer, brilliant.

...apparently it thinks the front 1/8" jack is a video input. Brilliant Pioneer, brilliant.

it thinks that it is a video input...

because it is a video input

please dont bag on pioneer because you didn't RTFM

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! ROTFLMFAO!!!! :lol:

strange I was thinking about that same Aux input plug because I was planning to use that to play my iphone instead of the pioneer cable as I'm only gettingt sound from one side. Anyway, after reading the manual it states

"This is the “AV2” input terminal. Use the

CD-RM10 (sold separately) to connect the

external video component."

strange I was thinking about that same Aux input plug because I was planning to use that to play my iphone instead of the pioneer cable as I'm only gettingt sound from one side.
You should check the rca connections, and the way the conductors are seated in the white multi connector going into the back of the unit. One of my iPhone channels was out due to one of the conductors not being seated correctly. I assume it came loose during the removal of the Avic pulling on it.
strange I was thinking about that same Aux input plug because I was planning to use that to play my iphone instead of the pioneer cable as I'm only gettingt sound from one side.
You should check the rca connections, and the way the conductors are seated in the white multi connector going into the back of the unit. One of my iPhone channels was out due to one of the conductors not being seated correctly. I assume it came loose during the removal of the Avic pulling on it.

Thanks for the suggestion: With that in mind I just went to my car and as a backup took an aux cable I use for the stereo. The installers used electrical tape to keep the connectors togather so they were pretty secure. I plugged up the iphone and white had sound but none from red. I then swiched the wires and the sound switched around no white but red now had sound. I then used the av cable "one plug into the iphone and the two ends plug into red and white" and I got full surround sound.

I checked the Pioneer cable and no visable damage so It had to be the cable. Will see if I can save up to buy an apple cable.

iphone180.jpg

If a standard mini-RCA cable plugged into the rear RCA inputs worked OK, combined with how the problem changed channels when you swapped left and right with the Pioneer iPod adapter cable, I'd say you are correct in your assessment of a bad Pioneer adapter cable.

I'm not so sure there is anything inherently bad about the Pioneer cable. I use two of them, and they both work fine for me.