AVIC411.com

Can't get video format to play

I am having the same problem with this.

I tried converting my video files to MP4, and loaded them to an SD card.

The sound is coming out just fine, but the video images cannot keep up with it.

I also tried to burn it to DVD, but the DVD cannot even be recognized.

Someone please help. Don't say "search" cuz the search function on this website is GARBAGE, as well as the organization of information layout.

"AVIC masters": please kindly give out information, or at least post a link with a thread that actually has information for the noobs.

No BS, like did you burn it correctly, did you make sure you did it right...

thanks.

could you elaborate a little more?

All my video files are mostly in AVI format.

would that make it DIVX?

I heard that MP4 was the best format, so I encoded in that format.

It doesn't work on SD nor does it work on USB, and I cannot get the DVD to be even recognized.

Please help... with step by step instructions please..

Give me a day or two to go through the steps, cause I can't remember if DIVX will convert AVi to DIVX format. But I tried several programs to convert AVI to MP4 and several different settings and found some worked and some didn't both on USB and SD card. That is why I looked at the manual for the AVIC, and found that DIVX is the main supported format for the DVD and VCD disks. Like I said it loads it up faster. A few things you have to think about is your play back order. Do you want them alphabetically by song title or by artist? Cause that will play a big part in your converting steps and renaming files to get them to play in order. Since that one draw back to DiSK play back is that it would do random files. And I really didn't like the way the songs played in random order from the USB or SD card. Once I go through and remember how I did it, DIVX makes it so simple to convert and burn cause it can be all done with their software and it does batch converts, unlike Handbrake, or the new Videora version. It is one thing I like since I don't have time to sit and convert, rename and name files one by one with Handbrake. Though I found some formats through the old Videora converter don't convert right or at all and it did batch converts. And if you think about it, I fit about 30 plus music videos on one DVD with DVX as a super VCD.