AVIC411.com

iGo and AVIC APL clocks off by 1 hour?

So, I've got an interesting issue w/ 3.0. I accidentally left the map light on in the Outback and the car battery was fully drained. No worries, I jump it and drive around for 30 miles or so and all is well... Or so I thought.

I encountered the "blank screen, car thinks it's on backup camera" problem, the "hard buttons don't work but the touchscreen does problem" but both went away. Now I've got a new issue: the clock is getting set wrong for the AVIC software. If I go into Ezrider, the GPS has locked and iGo correctly displays the time as HH:MM PDT. But in the AVIC software (AV.EXE, specifically) the time is (HH+1):MM! I can usually correct this by going into Settings->Navi Settings->GPS and Time->Time, turn on autocorrection (which thanks to the usual time zone bug puts me into Idaho), turn off autocorrection and then back out. At that point the clock in AV.exe is updated to the correct HH:MM time. But if I power cycle the car, on the next boot the AV.exe clock is back to an hour ahead! At first I thought maybe it was a timezone change issue (the new rules added in '07 or '08) but the AVIC-F90BT on my desk is working just fine. Tried doing System Restore to reset to factory defaults and deleted user data, but still no joy.

Luckily I can just refer to the clock on the dash, but has anyone else run into this? So far the closest I've come in the Search was this post and this one but it neither had a solution, just a "fixes itself and then breaks again" at the end...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I wouldn't say it's a Portland, OR thing any longer. I live in Orlando, FL and have been experiencing this issue. No matter what I do, AV.exe is an hour off from EZRider, which has the correct time. My problems started when I traveled into the Central time zone and back home again.

Joe

• 1 month later...

I live in Washington, and have the same problem. (sort of!) I travel to Oregon quite often, and have noticed that right when I cross the bridge into Oregon, my avic jumps ahead one hour as well. But, when i go back across the other way, it fixes itself! Very strange indeed! It must have something to do with the TLS and the time map settings internally. It thinks there is a time change when passing into oregon, as if we were going into Arizona for example. I think the only fix would be if Pioneer sends out an update to the firmware.

I live in Washington, and have the same problem. (sort of!) I travel to Oregon quite often, and have noticed that right when I cross the bridge into Oregon, my avic jumps ahead one hour as well. But, when i go back across the other way, it fixes itself! Very strange indeed! It must have something to do with the TLS and the time map settings internally. It thinks there is a time change when passing into oregon, as if we were going into Arizona for example. I think the only fix would be if Pioneer sends out an update to the firmware.

Actually, the fix is present in some of the hacks now. iGo, for some incredibly bizzare reason, put the whole state of Oregon in the Idaho timezone (we have 1 county on the southeastern edge of the state that actually is in that timezone). The fix is to hex edit a file inside the data.zip. See http://avic411.com/index.php?showtopic=27948#p218802 for the fix.

I just had to install the FX3.1 mod, as I had the constant reboot problem arise yesterday. It will be interesting to see if it was fixed. I will let everyone know when I go down to Oregon next time. I'm glad that you found the fix tho! It would be really frustrating to have this problem if living in Oregon. Even not living there, it always threw me off when I was down there! For those out there that are going to do a "Mod" my only suggestion would be to turn off or disable any anti virus or anti malware before extracting the RAR or ZIP file. Sometimes some of them falsely flag and delete files (like copytool.exe and AV.exe) as it is extracting. Not only that, but it also screws up the associations, so it does not work to copy the files that were deleted after the fact. Happy Modding! My sincere thanks goes out to those who spent all the time in building mods, as it saved me at least $700 for a new HU!

• 9 months later...