AVIC411.com

Anyone out there have UBOOT.CKS

I am having a issue with my avic f900bt and i am 99 percent sure i need the files for uboot.cks and uboot.bin. I do a uboot test in the service menu and its supposed to say good, but when i do it it says bad. Which is why i feel that is the issue i have. It does not boot up at all, buttons light up for like 15 secs and nothing. I have gotten to the point of what i think uboot disappearing. I cant use testmode at all either, none of them. Anyone have these files stashed somewhere a pm with the link would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance

Yeah it just stops. I think the uboot is like bios in a computer, uboot is basically what starts the unit up in its first stages so i think without uboot being available the unit will not do anything properly. All i wanna do is get the damn thing into test mode lol!!! Let this be a lesson, dont install any hacked versions of software, cuz obviously after a month of working great it obviously crashed out of nowhere. I wish i could fix this thing, its really annoying not having sound.

You dont think its a uboot problem since when i do a uboot test it is the only thing that comes back saying bad?

The uboot problem saying bad may well be for exactly the same reason. A uboot will not just 'get bad' by software. If it became corrupt by itself, then probably hardware failed.

Only cases where it can get corrupt/respond badly are:

1. A hardware failure.

2. It was flashed by a wrong file.

3. The flash process was interrupted inadvertently eg. power failure in the middle of flashing etc.

Did case 2 or 3 happen? If yes then you have a chance. If no then its case 1.

I tend to believe it is a hardware failure, especially because you said wince flashing does start but fails as well, however there's no harm trying of course if you get the correct uboot file. Just don't miss on a possible warranty cover just by waiting for someone to post it..

Very true. nah i was giving it a few days to see if maybe someone actually had the necessary uboot files. I was actually able to retrieve half but still need the uboot.cks file. Its been way too long though, i need my radio fixed lol. Its going back the sketchy warranty repair at pioneer today lol. ANd no 2 or 3 did not happen. I did however have the beta 3.0 software that wsa up on this site for like a month. But if there was a problem then it woulda showed from the beginning of the install correct? It shouldnt work for a month and then just stop booting out of nowhere. Oh well thanks for your help. And to anyone reading this, good luck to anyone trying to find the uboot files!!!!!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...