AVIC411.com

Not Detecting Ipod at startup after upgrading to 3.01

I've done some extensive searching, but I can find nothing to address this exact problem...

After upgrading to 3.01, everything works great...(better actually); except that the Ipod is not recognized at boot-up most of the time (but not every time)

If I unplug and then replug after boot-up, the F700bt sees it just fine.

This was not a prob with 2.0???

Anyone?

PS: I am running Diaftia's mods, but I don't think this is the problem.

Please point me to the string if this has been covered...and thanks in advance! :D

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
any fix for this its REally annoying that after the unit boots up you must Disconnect and reconnect in-order to get the ipod working again :(

same thing here.

One thing I notice, if I turn off my car while listening to the ipod, it surely won't be recognized.

If I listen to XM, sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Very annoying

I'm sure it is not related to a mod but it would be fun if we could trigger it in a mod.

labgate

come one man Give us a model number of the monster cable please :)

What cable are you using? If you have the Pioneer cable that is your problem. I had this same issue on and off. Swapped out my cable with a Monster cable no problems anymore.

I can't think of a single reason monster should ever get even 1 cent of my money, there are plenty of other respectable vendors out there that don't make a living with exorbitant prices preying on the uninformed user.

:!:

Besides, the newly introduced ipod falling off and failing to be awakened with 3.x issue is most likely not cable related. ( I don't doubt there were some pre-3.x issues with poor cables causing the same symptom in 2.x but this isn't that issue)

come one man Give us a model number of the monster cable please :)

What cable are you using? If you have the Pioneer cable that is your problem. I had this same issue on and off. Swapped out my cable with a Monster cable no problems anymore.

You ask and you shall receive:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.21221

You will also need a mini to usb cable that plugs in on the under side of the cable. So it can charge it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem with an ipod touch. I noticed it being more frequent after upgrading my 700 to 3.01, but after I upgraded the touch to 3.1, it fails to start almost every time. I'm using the apple cable.

Edit:

I did a soft reset on the ipod (hold power and home buttons for 10 seconds) and it successfully connected at start up 3 times in a row. I'm not declaring victory yet, but that's a new, recent, record.

Help me!

I am in Hungary, I have a Pioneer AVIC F900 BT. type of navigation device.

Come 2:05 version. The maps I would like to replace it, but I do not know, because I always rebootol.

The maps are the same (8.0) device.

What can be done to change the maps to know?

having the same issue as everyone above... I've tried multiple iPods and IPhones to a varying degree of success. I did have the problem before updating to 3.01...

To date, this is what I've tried:

- swapped cable with Monster/USB cable - no change

- updated F700BT to firmware 3.01 (needed to update maps anyway) - no change

- downgraded iPod to firmware level 1.1.1 - no difference

- contacted Pioneer - predictably, NO DIFFERENCE.

Pioneer's answer is "send it in and include a $200 check if it's out of warranty" because the warranty on the unit only supports shipping it to Ohio. Horse hockey.

There are times where if I reboot the iPod (menu and middle button) and restart the unit enough times, I'll get the first song to play but as soon as I select anything else (another song, playlist, etc) it barfs and disappears. I've spent the last 4 frustrating months trying to solve this and if I'm certain of anything, it has NOTHING to do with the cable you use (swapping it might solve other issues, but not this one) - this is issue is solidly a software issue between the AVIC and the iPod.

To make matters worse, if a number of others are having the same issue, I am fairly confident Pioneer will not be able to fix this issue if I send it in.

Ah well.... off to call the warranty dept. I'll let ya know what I find out.

p.s. - funny, I went to my local Apple store and asked about downgrading the firmware on the iPod and while there mentioned why I wanted to. The guy there just smiled knowingly and said, "yea, I get that a lot from Pioneer customers". Ominous...

-C