AVIC411.com

Not Detecting Ipod at startup after upgrading to 3.01

I had an odd issue happen today.

I had my car installer attempt to reprogram my PAC-SWPs thingy (to control the unit via my Saab steering wheel). Now this is the first time I have tried to program it since purchasing the $100 upgrade from Pioneer (I have the F-700bt), Well, for some reason my PAC was getting power from just the black cord pulgged into the back of the Pioneer (this is with the wire harness taken off of the PAC). Tried another PAC, same result. Called PAC, they said problem with Pioneer likely. So Shop tested it with new Pioneer Headunit and same problem. Then called PAC... and they verbally shrugged their shoulders.

So the shop re-wired everything and ..., end result... still no work. The only coincidence is that this is after I upgraded the MAp thingy.

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY... my iPOd no longer works / gets recognized by the head unit. Now, yes, I have it switched to IPOD and nothing... no sound or display. That's weird b/c the USB carrys the display if just plugged in. ANd if one were to have the Composite cable plugged in, one owuld just hear auido... but I got neither. So then I changed the settings on my ipod and swiited the first input to VIDEO. Only then would my ipod play a video and audio (but when audio along with blank screen) and haveing to control it through the actual ipod. And no charging of the ipod.

So then I plugged in a usb with music on it directly into the USB cabke that runs from the back of the headunit... nothing, did'nt even recognize the USB being connected. I inspected the factory cable and it is fine and secure in the back (as you know this cable cannot be removed without likely cutting it off).... And the able was not piching or cut in any way.

Thus, the IPOD cable is not faulty.

The AV connection is not faulty (b/c also my rear view camera works = the pins are secure on the back of the unit).

SO... my guess is that the USB cord coming out of the back of the Pioneer is faulty; OR

my unit is messed up?

What do you all think?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so, i guess there hasnt been any solution to this as i have the same problem. worked fine till i "upgraded"

REALLY? I actually just got my headunit back from Pioneer last week. The invoice said that they replaced the iPod cable. Now, it seems to work fine.

In retrospect, I don't know if it was a great idea to upgrade the maps.... b/c now every time I go to SIrius and FM (but not Ipod), my headunit starts flipping channels. HOwever, my hunch is that this maybe a loose connection somewhere.

Is your headunit still under warranty? If not, I am sure there is/was a warranty for the software -- go through Pioneer via that route. However, I must tell you that it took them a little over a month to get myheadunit back from Pioneer in Long Beach and I live in L.A.

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue with no ipod recognition on my F90bt..... have tried a 30GB classic, 16GB gen 3 touch and and brand new 160GB all have same issue sometimes they connect sometimes they don't. the touch is the worst yesterday had to plug and unplug almost 15x...and yes its got iOS4 on it(however tempting it may be dont upgrade... may work great on iphone4 but renders and itouch pretty much useless).... Ive given up and decided that XM is more reliable and yes i know i'm gonna get bashed but this whole issue is another "x" in the reasons to not own an apple product column for me... love my avic definitely not an apple fan

• 11 months later...