AVIC411.com

TopMenu Font Change: Finally figured out!

Hey guys :D

I really hope this is not old news, but I figured out how to change the font on the Top Menu / AV Menu... It's a bit more complicated than changing the font of the NavMenu. This is how I did it:

1. Put testmode on a SD Card

2. Rename the font you want to have as the standart font to "tahoma" and also copy it to the SD Card

3. Load your unit into testmode and go to "My Device"

4. Click "View" -> "Options" and uncheck all options.

5. Now go to "Storage Card" and copy your renamed "tahoma.ttf"

6. Go to the "Windows" folder. Now there should be hundrets of files, which were hidden before.

7. Just paste your copied font and overwrite the existing one.

8. Reboot your unit

Currently I am working on changing the size and position of the text, and also on the background image. Hopefully this was helpfull. If not, feel free to close.

post-36694-12872758918059_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
I had problems with this. Sometimes for no reason it just boots back in Tahoma. No idea why... It would stay on my different font for like a week, then it goes back to Tahoma. Oh well..

It would do that if it has a virtual backup of the main system files, and the system restarted. Hmmm, I will try it out and see if it does it for me. Has anyone else had this problem?

Ok, this does not work at all. The Tahoma font is a system file and it cannot be altered in any way as it is protected. As soon as the system restarted, all my original tahoma fonts came back. When I checked the system properties of that file, I found out that it is a protected system file. I cannot find a way yet to change that, but I will keep looking when I have a day off

It is IMPOSSIBLE to change the font on the AVIC. Even when I try to change the system Font in the registry and install new font files, everything gets deleted when the system gets shut down and all gets reverted back to default. It is a basic failsafe to save the registry, but this also eliminates any possibility to change font, fontsize, and color of font.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to change the font on the AVIC. Even when I try to change the system Font in the registry and install new font files, everything gets deleted when the system gets shut down and all gets reverted back to default. It is a basic failsafe to save the registry, but this also eliminates any possibility to change font, fontsize, and color of font.

Ah, no, it is not IMPOSSIBLE to change the font. I have done it several times on my 900BT and it works just fine. I did not run into any problems over-writing the tahoma font on the unit and restart after restart, the font remains. So, don't say it's IMPOSSIBLE when clearly, IT IS POSSIBLE (just not for you maybe).