AVIC411.com

F900BT blank screen fix with clear instructions

Hi,

Just bought an F900BT from ebay. Supposed to be a "like new F90BT, but got an F900BT with reboot issues instead. Also will not recognize my ipod. I'm hoping to fix it with instructions on this post, but have one very big issue. I have never worked with RAR files before, and am confused about how to get the firmware files onto the SD card correctly. I downloaded all 17 files, but when I try to extract them to one folder before copying to an SD card, the first two files seem to be the same. The second one rewrites the first. Am I doing this correctly? Is there one large single file that I can download to prevent possible corruptions occuring from the multiple overwrites? Sorry for the giant ignorance display. NEWBIE

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I followed these directions EXACTLY as directed and I am still having the same black screen after the splash screen issue. Except now it doesnt keep rebooting, it just goes to the black screen. Anyo

Huge thanks to Redfire427 and all others who worked on this fix. You guys saved my 700 from going into a dumpster. One note to everyone, I found out rather quickly that although the AVIC is intimidating at first, it is rather easy to "get in there" and manipulate files. That said, some posts are written to the above average AVIC tech who has already spent time manipulating their system. I offer the suggestion to go easy on those with "stupid questions". Once they figure it out and get over their fear... they some might be able to offer quite a bit to this board.

Didn't mean for this to be a lecture, was only supposed to be a Thank you.

Again,

Thanks!!!!!!

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I have the F90BT, and well I tried to update to 3.0 but like others it got to 3% and failed.

After messing with the file system I ended up with a unit that would only go into the service menu.

After following this tread I can now get into the service menu and boot to testmode v2.3.

I followed the first post in this thread (I think to the letter) now my unit will boot (no splash screen) then sits at a black screen.

If I press menu the main menu screen does appear, but the only button that responds is destination, in which I get the disclaimer screen I press OK but it does nothing.

What am I missing or doing wrong?

Thank you for your time,

Robert

Thought I'd update this post. I solved my no splash screen and not booting up fully.

For anyone that is having a simular issue check out this post.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=25465

Now I'm having other issues, my machine code changed which means I need a new password for my 3.0 update (that I can't get) and when I go to the password screen the only button that responds is the cancel button.

If anyone has any kind of idea how to fix please let me know.

Thanks,

Robert

• 3 weeks later...

Could someone please help me. I tried all those things and even got to the point where i just had to wait for my back-up files to load, the ones that take about forty minutes the very end step. But i didnt feel like babysitting it for 40 min. so i left for about an hour and came back to my unit with a blank screen and it doesnt even show anything anymore. i tried reseting it killing the power and turning it back on. nothing works i can hear something running but nothing is showing up on the sreen. it doesnt even do the rebooting thing anymore its just blank.

Can we get this post stickied? I searched for hours trying to fix my headunit until I came across this guide which took care of my problem the first time around. It is apparent that this guide fixes any and all troubles you may have with the F series headunits as it has fixed mine, and another guy "rheller1" who posted about it a few hours ago.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Also, as JrFaust and I discovered, don't load the NN746UC image file from http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=25465 unless you are completely out of options (in that case I'd probably let Pioneer service). It will change your device number and render a legal upgrade password invalid. I'm going to try and see if Pioneer will reset the password but I expect the run around.

Most of my story trying to solve the blank screen can be found in this thread http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=23760

I just want to say thank you to those who contributed to this thread.....I followed those instructions and my 900bt works like new again....for others be sure you download the 2.0 firmware the 2.6 download from pioneer does not have all the files just the update files. however you will need the 2 winceimg files from 2.6. on your sd card. for the beginning steps....thanks

My F700BT has the same issue. My first unit did not boot up when the installers tried to install it. I had to ship it back to Pioneer to get it replaced, so technically, this is my 2nd F700BT.

Since the 3.0 update (legal, no hacks, I'm a good boy!), I have randomly had to input my password into the head unit 3 different times, have had numerous times where boot up took minutes, and the GPS has seemed slow on response.

On a trip this weekend, I had to input the password the 3rd time. On the way home, the unit was working during the morning. We stopped for lunch, and when we started the vehicle back up, the splash screen came up and remained there for about a minute. Then the screen and all lighting went dark. I hit the reset button, lights came on, splash screen came up for a minute, then dark. It has not change this behavior for 2 days now.

I tried re-installing the 3.0 update, thinking maybe one of the files just got corrupted, but the update hangs on the first SD card at 89% complete and the screen background turns red. There is a "Copying error", on a \speech\components\us_claire__r40_83swf11_04.dat file. Tried twice, hung in the same spot each time. No other messages, sat there for 10 minutes hoping it would recover itself or show a message or dialog box to indicate it or I would need to do something. Nothing.

Since these instructions seem like they are going to take a couple hours to do, and the download of the WinCE image is taking a long time, I'm going to wait until the weekend to try this fix. If it doesn't work, and if I'm going to have to pay (again) to remove the unit anyhow, I will probably replace it with something from another manufacturer.

Very sad. I wanted this unit to work, it has nearly every feature I wanted. Just isn't looking like it is reliable. :cry: