AVIC411.com

F900BT blank screen fix with clear instructions

I'm having the exact same issue as PSPICE, except i never get to 100%, furthest I've gotten on about 20 tries is 71%, then black screen again.

My unit was at the 2.008 update, done by the manufacturer after it was sent in to be fixed. Now its just sitting on the splash screen.

Gonna try resetting it back to 2.0.

Keep you posted.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I followed these directions EXACTLY as directed and I am still having the same black screen after the splash screen issue. Except now it doesnt keep rebooting, it just goes to the black screen. Anyo

The system upgraded all the way to 2.008, but still just sits at the flash/loading screen. So I think something is missing. Are the WinCe files suppose to be in the sytems folders somewhere, cause I dont think they are? The only place I have them is on my SD per the instructions. What about the other folder that are on the unit, seems as though the only one that had any work done to it was the "My flash disk" folder, unless things were done to the other folders during the upgrade process that I couldn't see.

I knew at the onset it was all or nothing, and it seems I'm at the nothing stage after 12 hours of trying to fix it yesterday.

If someone has a suggestion, please drop in.

Thanks in advance

My original assumption was correct, the 2 WinCe files were missing from the folder, that's why it just sat on the boot screen. After I reloaded the 2 WinCe files back onto the unit instead of just putting them on my SD card, the system took the 2.0 again. Then loaded the 2.006 update, and it took perfectly. Gonna try the 2.008 update tonight.

i think i need to revert back to 2.0 and then update to 2.008.

edit: looks like from reading the directions in the first post, the system will be reloaded with 2.006? can i do this if i have 3.001?

edit: also, will i have to use the winceimg.bin and winceimg.cks files from the 3.001? or can i use the files from the 2.006 that i download?

I can't get into the test mode. I've formated all my SD Cards to Fat32. I can get to format Wince via SD(Format) everything is good but when I put the Test Mode SD card in and reset it keeps showing the Pioneer Screen then shutting down. I have tried the wince files from My_Flash_Disk-700BT found on this site, Version 2.0, 2.06. The 2.08 doesn't have those files from Pioneer. I have restored it back to the 2.0 update. Any help here would be greatly apprecaited. I know I'm missing something stupid.

I figured out my mistake. I put the contents of the testmode folder on the SD card and needed to just drop the folder itself on the SD card. Finally got my unit up and running. MAN 6 Months in a box and I finally read this thread. Thank you guys for the help.

oh mannn.... looks like thats my issue as well. i am stuck at step 9, i put the contents of the "testmode" folder on the sd card, not the "testmode" folder itself. looks like that will solve my problem. after updating the firmware and resetting, the splash screen comes up and then the unit simply turns off.

i will try it again tonight. hopefully that works.

Well, my unit just shit the bed again. This will be the third time this has happened. The first time was about a year after I purchased my f900bt. Second time was shortly after that, maybe a month or two. This is really a pain in the ass. I am going to go through this step by step again tomorrow and hopefully get my unit back in business. After I get it working, I am going to call Pioneer and bitch at them until they give me the 3.0 update for free. I love this unit, but I fucking hate pioneer a lot right now.