F900BT blank screen fix with clear instructions

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I followed these directions EXACTLY as directed and I am still having the same black screen after the splash screen issue. Except now it doesnt keep rebooting, it just goes to the black screen. Anyo

i would like to thank you too for all this info, i've learned alot in this thread. My unit was opening the splash screen and going blank 2 weeks after i installed the 2.06 update on my F700BT. i contacted pioneer and they told me to send it in an authorised repair facility, wich would have cost me a least 300$ (well thats what the guy told me) . I folowed these instructions + some in another thread ( re-writing the sdmc boot sector in HEX) and copied the 2.0 backup i downloaded ( the single large file , the multi .rar files seem corrupt). Used 2.06 WINCE update files using the 4 finger trick,the test mode files, and a copy of an .img file for the sdmc sector on the flash drive. I feel confident in installing the 3.XX update now as i really know how this unit work and i only have a bit of knowledge in computers ..... THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!

Seb from Quebec, Canada

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the help with this, my deck experienced the problem for the first time today and after some initial cussing I went and immediately started flipping through the forums here and came across this post. I'm surprised by the amount of posts about these issues that I never experienced it sooner. Nonetheless, these instructions followed to the letter got me back up and running! Thank you!

Thanks for this thread really helped me today. I still have a few bugs with this navi but im hell of alot further then i was a few days again.

Was wondering if anyone can help me out, i got the unit back up and running from the rebooting issue but i cant access the nav and system setting icons or type in a destination address.

Anyone come across this or know of a fix?

Thanks

ok i took the wince files from the pioneer website 2.06 and the unit says sucessfull update please reboot.I take the wince sd out and put the testmode sd in hit reset,unit reboots get the splash screen then black...I thought it was supposed to go into windows mode.Can someone please explain to me whats going wrong ?

thanks in advance.

jay

ok i finally got the thing working and the write up on the first page is excellent but i feel i need to add for those of us that are first timers.Every thing you use to do this MUST be on the top layer of your sd card(not grouped inside a folder that the Winrar gives you when it decompresses it).A big THANK YOU to redfire and all the others that worked on this great writeup! :!:

Well I'll be more specific

I was getting splash screen to black screen i started doing this fix

4. Disconnect any USB connections connected to your unit (Ipod, USB drive). Power it up. When the pioneer logo comes up, press and hold the menu, map, eject and the reset button at the same time. Release the reset button first.

When you hear a pop sound from your speakers, let go of the eject button but continue to hold menu and map buttons. This will bring you to a blue screen where you will have to enter the service combination. Press the volume knob in this sequence and you will see * signs for each push: Up, Up, Down, Menu, Left, Right.

5. Once there, go to the option that says Update WinCE. It is actually WINCE update .

Be careful with not to press the knob while trying to move up and down, or you might press the wrong choice by accident.

6. Insert into the unit the SD card that has WINCEIMG.bin and WINCEIMG.cks on it (STEP 2)

7. Select Update using SD/USB (format) option. This will format your FlashDisk removing any corrupted files on there that prevent the unit from loading.

but before it can finish updating the screen goes black again... it had gotten to reading 100% then shut off

now when i turn it on its just black no splash screen

I have an f900bt going through the blank screen of hell. I went through the steps of downloading all the files. After I do all the menu + map + eject + reset thing i come to the blue screen. Then, i choose wince upgrade, and then it gives me a couple of options 0-upgrade sd/mms(format) 1-upgrade sd/mms 2-upgrade usb(format) and 3 upgrade usb. I dont have a usb connected to it so i try both option 0 and 1. My sd card is formatted to (fat 32). I even tried one that wasnt formatted. When I select the options it give me an error saying SD/MMS FAIL!!!!! Can anyone help me with this? Does this have to do with the 2gb SD card I purchased? its a PNY

Is it just a coincidence? My unit started with the same issue yesterday 20th March.

My unit was installed early January 2009. Just over a year and 2 months ago.? I have seen a least 2 people mention very similar timing with their failures. Maybe I should start another thread to see if this is a common problem.

I wasn't trying to update. I was driving along listening to music on my SD card when there was a sound corruption then a stutter and then it reset. It came up asking for the password (which I had almost forgot completely about) and I pulled over, entered it and it came back up. no problem....The next time I tried to start... Continual resets.... Farrrgin...!