AVIC411.com

Yeah. I didn't think there was another way to hook up an IPOD to an Avic.

You'll need the audio/video cables to plug into the back of the Avic for it to correctly work.. so you're correct, you need the Pioneer IPOD cable.

No, you do *not* need "the pioneer ipod cable" you need an ipod cable that also has composite video and RCA audio jacks in addition to the USB, many manufacturers make them, including Apple.

USB = Ipod control

RCA = Audio and Video into the AVIC

all covered in the installation guide..

• 2 weeks later...
Here ya go. You will need to use a mini usb cable for charging.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.21221

i guess you could use that cable if you dont want to controll you ipod through the touch screen, or with voice rec, or want your Ipod to charge,

there are many manufacturs that make the right type of cable other than the pioneer one, that will retain all of the features and will work properly

does anybody read manuals anymore?

can we put a "no sound from my Ipod" sticky at the top of the page?

Apparently they can't read manuals, PDFs, install guides, OR stickies at the top of the forums anymore.. :mrgreen:

i would be suprized if anybody read the answer to any of the questions asked, i mean it would be so much easier to search for the problem and find the solution in the one of the thousands of threads this has been covered in, and then the problem would have been fixed right away instead of sitting around and waiting for sombody to spoonfeed the answer that has been placed in many places right in front of you, right?