AVIC411.com

Rear screen or dif audio/video source simultaneously

The manual is very vague on how the rear screen works, you can set the rear to play a specific source but how do you control it? For instance, if i'm listening to my ipod and set the rear screen to dvd, how do i play the dvd and control it since the front is set to ipod? has anyone tried it?

What i'd really like is to be able to play dvd video on the screen while still playing ipod audio to the speakers. the music screens are just so boring.

I've been trying to figure this out also but my situation is different. In my setup I have and HKS CAMP2 running to one of the AUX vid ins. But I can't listen to another source(xm,ipod,cd,etc) and it gets very quite in the car. So what I had to do was hook up that input to the rear vid camera and have it on while the GPS is running. The manual really doesn't explain much and I begining to think the unit won't do it at all :( .

Yeah this is unfortunate. There is literally zero documentation on how to control the rear monitor, but when you are on the av input selection screen, you can select what source goes to the rear monitor. If i select DVD, then i select dvd on the front monitor and play it, then switch my selection to ipod, i'd ASSUME the rear monitor still is playing the dvd, since thats the only way it COULD work. however, that would mean if i wait a minute, and go back to dvd, the dvd should have been playing and not be at the same point where i left it. since it is, the rear either doesn't work AT ALL other than to mirror, or it doesn't work because it "knows" i don't have a rear monitor hooked up (which i seriously doubt). i'd consider installing a second monitor in the dash just to be able to have video from one source play while gps or ipod audio is my main source, but i want to make sure it will work before going through the trouble.

So you cannot show ipod videos on the headrest monitrors or the maps screen like vblue42 said in his video demos??

If you are lisening to the radio for exemple, and the dvd is playing on the back seat monitor how do people in the back control the dvd (play, stop, ff, etc.)??

This is where the ir and the remote control whould have been useful!! Are you lisening Pioneer!!!

The documentation you are looking for is on page 158 of that manual thingy it came with

Yeah this is unfortunate. There is literally zero documentation on how to control the rear monitor, but when you are on the av input selection screen, you can select what source goes to the rear monitor. If i select DVD, then i select dvd on the front monitor and play it, then switch my selection to ipod, i'd ASSUME the rear monitor still is playing the dvd, since thats the only way it COULD work. however, that would mean if i wait a minute, and go back to dvd, the dvd should have been playing and not be at the same point where i left it. since it is, the rear either doesn't work AT ALL other than to mirror, or it doesn't work because it "knows" i don't have a rear monitor hooked up (which i seriously doubt). i'd consider installing a second monitor in the dash just to be able to have video from one source play while gps or ipod audio is my main source, but i want to make sure it will work before going through the trouble.

I am able to view the ipod video on the rear screen on mine. After testing all different scenarios I have found that only video sources can be viewed on the rear screen such as ipod video or disc. I did not test the SD card video but I amd guessing that would work too. You cannot view the map screen or any of the other default pioneer screen for each sources. The screen goes blank once you switch from Ipod video to ipod music.

When you select mirror in the settings you will only get video in the rear when you are watching video at front. I am able to be n the nav on the front and the rear is watching an ipod video or disc.

I think I found where the confusion is. Some people think you can play 2 different sources simultaniously. i dont think you can do this with the Z110bt. I will test this later today and play a DVD and and go to view it in the rear. Then changes sources to the ipod to see if the rear keeps playing the DVD. In my guess it will stop playing the DVD.

I think you can only view the map or the source that is selected in the front. The rear will only play a video source and it has to be an active source in the front. God I hope I am wrong and the Z110bt can play multiple sources simultaneously.

I hope this helps.

It does play 2 sources at once. The disk drive, ipod (or AV1 if you are using it for something else,) and AV2 are the sources that will send video to the back while you use a different source up front. Keep in mind that you are going to need headphones if you want your passengers in the back to be able to listen to a different source that what is coming through the car speakers

• 3 months later...

I'm starting my install this weekend (fininshing if all my components arive on time too).

Anyway, this is a big question I have. Has anyone confirmed that any or all of these can be done:

Listen to iPod/AM/FM/Sirius/XM in front & view DVD in back (think it was confirmed)

Listen to AM/FM/Sirius/XM/CD Audio in front & view iPod video in back (think it was confirmed)

Listen to iPod/AM/FM/Sirius/XM in front & view Divx from DVD in back

Listen to iPod/AM/FM/Sirius/XM in front & view video from SD in back

My big concerns are the last 2. I've been converting kids' DVDs into mpeg 4 avi files all week and now, from searching the forums and reading the manual, which states, I'm thinking rear seat video from SD is not supported, but there's no particular mention of Divx from DVD:

Selecting the video for “Rear display” You can choose either to show the same image as the front screen or to show the selected source on the “Rear display”.

Touch [Rear Screen] on the “AV Source” menu. Each touch of [Rear Screen] changes the settings as follows:

- Mirror AV— The video on the front screen of the navigation unit is output to the “Rear display”

- iPod—The video and sound of the iPod are output to the “Rear display”

- Disc —The video and sound of the DVDs are output to the “Rear display”

- AV1—The video and sound of AV1 are output to the “Rear display”

- AV2—The video and sound of AV2 are output to the “Rear display”

- When [Mirror AV] is selected, the following restrictions are applied to “Rear display”.

+ When selecting [Rear View] in the map display, nothing is displayed.

+ All sounds cannot be output for “Rear display”.

+ When playing back video files on the external storage device (USB, SD), the “Video image” is not output.

- When Disc is selected, the following restrictions are applied to “Rear display”.

+ When a CD or MP3/WMA/AAC disc is set in the built-in DVD drive, only the sounds is output.

- When iPod is selected, the following restrictions are applied to “Rear display”.

+ The “Video image” and sound are output only when the appropriate setting on [AV1 Input] is [iPod].

- When AV is selected, the following restrictions are applied to “Rear display”.

+ The “Video image” and sound are output only when AV1/AV2 has both video and sound.

+ The “Video image” and sound are output only when the appropriate setting on [AV1 Input] or [AV2 Input] are [Video].

...Anyway, this is a big question I have. Has anyone confirmed that any or all of these can be done:

Listen to iPod/AM/FM/Sirius/XM in front & view DVD in back (think it was confirmed)

Listen to AM/FM/Sirius/XM/CD Audio in front & view iPod video in back (think it was confirmed)

Listen to iPod/AM/FM/Sirius/XM in front & view Divx from DVD in back

Listen to iPod/AM/FM/Sirius/XM in front & view video from SD in back

Answering my own question, in case anyone else ever wants to know:

iPod, DVD, DivX and external AV (game console, etc.) can be sent to the rear monitor(s) independant of what is on the front monitor. I'm pretty much using excluseivly DivX, so I just leave rear monitor set to "Disc." SD does not display video on the rear screen, and SD is not selectable as a source for the rear monitors.

i was trying to figure out the same thing on my unit last night... with my old z3 i had my rear screens set to "Mirror" so the back screens showed EVERYTHING that was on the front screen, like nav maps, all the different settings screens and videos. now with the z110bt, i can only play videos on the back screens, cannot show maps... i dont see why pioneer would take the mirror function away... :?: