AVIC411.com

Best price??

I would bet that $400 is actually way below cost. They have to buy lots of parts in that thing and they aren't cheap. Plus licensing software, etc. But they have to consider the discount as an investment. If it ends up in the hands of people that actually sell/install them, they will know how to use it and know what its truly capable of. Most of the time I try to buy anything in the electronics industry, the salespeople are clueless about how to use it and what it will actually do. They may as well be cashiers. But if the salespeople actually knows about the Pioneer, but doesn't know about XYZ brand, they will present it to the customers better, and are more likely to sell it

Its pretty common in the industry. Kenwood often does 75% off retail on anything as long as you prove its going in your car. JL and Sony are very aggressive too. I think this deal just put Pioneer equal to the other brands that have been doing it for 10+ years. Lose money on 1 nav system in the hopes that it sells you dozens

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

speaking of best price... i keep seeing threads about people buying this unit from 6ave for 1150. when i head to the site it lists for 1599 and has the option to email real price which is 1298. Anyone know if this 1150 period is over or if theres anywhere else i can purchase it for that cheap? Hoping to replace my Kenwood DNX7100 with it ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I was trying to find a Z110 to look at before forking out the money and I checked out Car Spa in Arlington, VA. They are selling the Z110 installed with a 3 year warranty for $1600 ($100 more if you have steering wheel controls you want to keep).

That seems like a really good price and they were very nice to talk to today (Randy and another guy who I am guessing is the owner). They have several vehicles with the Z110 and other versions of Pioneer NAV's installed for display (unfortunately they were not there when I went there), but from their description of the Z I was sold (though I am buying it elsewhere and installing it myself for my own reasons). Of course I had an Avic-Z1/Z2 (with upgraded Harddrive) and really wouldn't have been happy with anything less than a 7" screen...

How about buy a Z110 and get an X910 for free :mrgreen: . Let's just say somebody goofed big time. They said the X910 was backordered, eta at least a month so I canceled that order and the Z is on the way. The X showed up today left at my gate by UPS with signature release. What to do...... :twisted:

I would sit on it for 30 days to see if they ask for it back. If not, take advantage of the situation. This kind of stuff has happened to me several times. Once I got a 1700 dollar imac from Amazon for free. They never collected the money from my account. After I received My Xbox360 exchange do to failure I received a second one a week later. Sometimes these things happen in the consumers benefit.

Sounds like a plan. I have heard about things like this before happening to others. Can't believe UPS and the shipper had an $1100 item sitting out for anyone to walk away with (my side gate is just inside my driveway, and my driveway abuts to my neighbors driveway). To think I was a little PO'd when I thought it was just my Dynamat order sitting out in the open and had gotten a little rain on. Everything was dry inside. I guess I'll do the waiting game. :wink: Maybe this makes up for basically giving away my Z1 in my 05 Mustang GT convertible I sold earlier this year. The buyers didn't even know what it was, sold the car on ebay. That hurt a bit... :(