AVIC411.com

Bluetooth freezing/hung - How did they release?

I think I am already getting tired of this unit. I hardly used the system, in 4 days I used, its bluetooth module hung thrice.

The symptoms are, bluetooth does not connect. But when to click on Phone button in Menu, it goes to phone screen and shows Bluetooth off and connections button disabled. When I click on Bluetooth to turn it on, it keep circling and nothing happens.

Trying to do a F. Reset does not do any good. Only way to get it working again is doing Hard reset by pressing the small reset switch on LCD frame. This does fix problem, but also resets everything else. Phone Book is completely gone, all Illumination color, Radio presets, Song details Display preferences, Eq settings, and Navigation preferences(ATT, Mute etc) are gone. We have to do set everything again back from scratch.

It is ridiculous that they release the products with so many issue. I preferred this unit over F series (though I price is pretty close) because it starts instantly.

Also, every time I start the car first it says Phone disconnected, the after several seconds later it say phone connected. How ridiculous it is? Yes, when I turn off the system it disconnects, but why is it shown after starts the unit?

Also, anyone got any info about new firmware updates for this unit?

I have mostly the same problems as you..

My phone constantly drops off bluetooth when its connected and the nav freezes so much I've just made it a habit to reset it before I attach the face whenever I get in my car

If you dont want all your settings lost on the reset, hit the reset button on the faceplate before you attach it. It reboots and doesnt remove your settings

I think the unit is still too new for any firmware updates, I just registered my unit on Pioneers site as it says they will email me when an update is released

I had this unit for a few days and had the same issues. I found that it mostly happened if I removed the screen from the unit while the power was still on and the phone was connected, especially if the power switch to the screen was turned on. If I let the unit power down B4 removing the screen and the power switch on the screen was off the bluetooth would be fine.

The only solution I found to get bluetooth working again after it froze was to hit the "reset" button as well.

I returned this unit and bought the Z110BT instead, same NAV software, better POI, more features, less buggy, runs faster/more responsive, but of course about $800 more...

I had this unit for a few days and had the same issues. I found that it mostly happened if I removed the screen from the unit while the power was still on and the phone was connected, especially if the power switch to the screen was turned on. If I let the unit power down B4 removing the screen and the power switch on the screen was off the bluetooth would be fine.

The only solution I found to get bluetooth working again after it froze was to hit the "reset" button as well.

I returned this unit and bought the Z110BT instead, same NAV software, better POI, more features, less buggy, runs faster/more responsive, but of course about $800 more...

Hmm, in my case I am not taking out the display screen at all, not sure why you are removing either(safety?)?. If it hang when we remove screen while system is on, that is somewhat understandable. For me it is so random, and it happend just after restarting in few hours, and happend when I started the car couple days later. So, I did not see specific pattern yet.

Called Pioneer. It is ridicuolus, after a long hold, and call with few people, they say I need to send whole unit back to Pioneer to get it fixed, not just the screen. The rep is useless guy, does not even bother to listen the whole issue. I was trying to tell him, total procedure how to get it working currently. He does not even let me talk past the bluetooth does not connect.

Finally, I asked him to wait until I am done talking and explained him whole thing. It seems he does not bother to understand the whole problem. Only solution, send the whole unit we will see. Since it is a random problem, what is the guarantee that they will see in few attempts and solve the issue.

For me this does not give that much confidence in Pioneer. Unfortunately, I can not return this unit. It's still beyond my belief how could they release such a half-baked product to public. :evil:

Same blue tooth issue here too. BUT, try hitting the SD Eject button. Splash screen will show-up and after a 10 seconds or so, it will find my Iphone3G---all is well after that. :(

Did you contact Pioneer at all? These guys claim they have not received any complaints?? I guess all the guys posting problems here never even called Pioneer.

I think Pioneer is liable here for releasing such a product without testing it, and now uninstall, and install, and shipping fee? who pays for these things?

I think we need to organize and contact Pioneer to send in the fix. I am going to take video of what is happening, post that on youtube as well as Amazon review.

Same blue tooth issue here too. BUT, try hitting the SD Eject button. Splash screen will show-up and after a 10 seconds or so, it will find my Iphone3G---all is well after that. :(

Did you contact Pioneer at all? These guys claim they have not received any complaints?? I guess all the guys posting problems here never even called Pioneer.

I think Pioneer is liable here for releasing such a product without testing it, and now uninstall, and install, and shipping fee? who pays for these things?

I think we need to organize and contact Pioneer to send in the fix. I am going to take video of what is happening, post that on youtube as well as Amazon review.

Pioneer does know there is a problem with the U310BT. Specifically they know there is a problem with the units freezing. Here are the suggestions they give:

The U310BT has a on/off switch on top of the removable screen. It should always be in the Off Position(Unless out of the car) Off means it will turn on and off with the car.

1. Reset the unit with the small pin button on the right side of the face, then turn the key off for 20 seconds. .

If step 1 does not work...

2. Remove the face turn on and let the internal battery go dead. Turn the switch back to off and put the face back on the unit.

Pioneer does know there is a problem with the U310BT. Specifically they know there is a problem with the units freezing. Here are the suggestions they give:

The U310BT has a on/off switch on top of the removable screen. It should always be in the Off Position(Unless out of the car) Off means it will turn on and off with the car.

1. Reset the unit with the small pin button on the right side of the face, then turn the key off for 20 seconds. .

If step 1 does not work...

2. Remove the face turn on and let the internal battery go dead. Turn the switch back to off and put the face back on the unit.

I guess you read thru complete thread.

Why would anyone keep the switch in on position on top the screen? Manual clearly says that if you do that screen would not turn-off. Yes, it is always off, unless we take it our for entering routing etc.( I do not take it out). Also, when you turn off the car, it would not turn off the OS(which in screen), it simply put it in standby mode(like many portable GPS systems). It only restarts when you do a hard reset or battery is dead completely and you give power again.

The solution 1, that is hard reset, yes that does solve the problem, but it comes back again next day, or next time you start the car. That is what we are talking about.

Not sure what solution 2 would achieve. Reset infact restarts whole OS, just as if battery is dead. Does it solve the problem completely or is it also for that freezing instance, like hard reset?

Also, appreciate if you can provide info on who provided these instruction.

Thanks

On little bit investigation I see this unit uses WINCE 5.0 OS. The software I have is the Latest, and Bluetooth also seems to be Latest, but with RC3( Release Candidate), not a final build.

Now, we need to see how to go to WINCE desktop, or Explorer view, so that we can install all the stuff we want to install.

Our Pioneer distributer told us to follow these steps before they would accept any U310s back for exchange.

Oh, ok. That makes sense. They want to make sure it is not one time glitch.

If you do not mind asking, do you have the same unit? Do you have same problem?

I do not have the same unit. I havent seen this problem yet but they just sent us that email as an FYI. but that tells me that Pioneer is definitely aware of the issue.