AVIC411.com

Bluetooth freezing/hung - How did they release?

Is there a model that may cost more that will NOT have these issues? I don't want to spend $2000 !

Yes, just buy Kenwood 6140. You will spared of all these install/unstall expenses and agony of going thru all this BS. That has all features this has, plus DVD playback, bigger screen and excellent Garmin navigation(no POS like this) and useful POIs like Restaurants, and Gas stations, not just Cemetary.

Here are some observations I made.

1. I reset the unit using Kill the battery method.

2. Did not sync the phone book.

With these two things it seems there are no hangs with Bluetooth. It is 3rd day still working without freezing.

Now, I check some other AVIC forums, it seems Phone book with characters other than just alpha numeric names/numbers are causing problems. People who cleaned their contact information without any special characters are reporting faster connection, and stable bluetooth.

Can some one confirm this theory of phone book, either by not using/synching phone book(clear it and do not sync) or by cleaning up the phone book?

May be that is issue?

• 2 months later...