AVIC411.com

No TTS Voice - No Nav Voice Guidance

This is a factory original, non-hacked unit. I have the hardware bypass installed, but nothing else. I never hacked the unit, so I do not have any backups of the operating system.

I recently purchased a new car and moved the my X910 over. It was the same model car, so I did not have to change any cabling, just moved the harness and Sirius components over. Everything was working fine in the other car.

Everything works except the TTS voices. Sirius works, AM/FM works, no erroros are displayed (if it ever does display errors). When driving a route - say to home - the route is shown on the display but when instructions should be given, the audio source (AM/FM/Sirius) mutes, but no voice guidance instructions are heard. I tried turning up the volume, but again nothing from voice guidance can be heard.

I reset the unit, cleared user settings, tried reloading the current 3.010100 software (didn't happen since it's already at that version). When I go to TTS Settings and try to select a voice, the Import TTS screen comes up. I looked around on the internet, but can't find where I can download any TTS voices.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

Found problem - Front speakers from AVIC had to be connected to rear speaker inputs on Chrysler C2R-CHY4adapter on cars that have factory amps installed per adapter instructions. Navigation voice prompts and bluetooth work fine now. Except now I do not have any sound coming from back speakers. Will hit audio installation store this weekend to see what they say about connecting the rear speakers.