CNDV-90MT are NOW POSTED

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hello to all

well it is confirm the cndv-90mt is not for the older units=avic-80,90,9 and so on

here is cut and paste of pioneer reply=

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.

No, it does not work with the add-on navigational units.

Thank You,

Pioneer Support Group

--Original Message--

Date: 10/04/09

To: customer.support@pioneerservice.com

Subject: Parts Inquiry|B00002|2137466337[#1270958

Now the million dollar question is whether the older units are no longer going to be supported going forward, or whether they just decided to skip an update for these this year.

If you like download my torrent, I've got an instructional video included on how to get it working (short and simple I might add) if you only need the east disk just unchecked the west disk in your torrent client

http://www.mininova.org/tor/3019050

Al thanks to SWDW

I download this 3 times and the text and the tutorial do not have nothing and stupidly I click in the other file the image.exe and did something strange I hope I don't brick the PC.

I don't understand why is so complicated just to make a ISO file compress and upload

Your an idiot if you could not get that to work. The .exe file is straight from imgburn's website. If you don't have anything better to do then cut down people's work because you are a pathetic scumbag, stay out of it. So please don't slander other people when your stupidity gets in the way.

I have been able to make this disc work with a avic-80dvd and remote control, non touchscreen, head unit. The 90mt is missing the files for the AVIC-9DVD, 8DVD, 80DVD, 88DVD, 90dvd. You can take these files from the 80mt and put them in the 90mt file system.

OK I got the East 90 to work on my AVIC-80DVD with touchscreen head unit, following your instructions. I used the original RARed straight files version, and copied over the missing 80 files. I only edited the TP APL and disc version lines in the DVI.DAT file, keeping all others. For the files that you recommended renaming, I just made copies with the new name, keeping the originals.

Since the *.prg is the same as the 80 one, it did not of course update the NAV unit, so I guess it's safe to try this anyway if you are going from the current 80. I've tested plotting routes, returning home, some POI overlays, POI lookups by name and phone number as well. All these also done via voice commands - so far everthing works. I recalibrated the head unit, although I don't think you need to in this case if you are going from the current 80 - once again since there's no program update. Many thanks, and also to SWDW

Now the million dollar question is whether the older units are no longer going to be supported going forward, or whether they just decided to skip an update for these this year.

I would guess the former, since obviously it wouldn't have taken much effort to reuse the old program files if they didn't want to update the binaries. I think since they are discontinued products and have been discontinued for some time, they are no longer going to support them. Even newer HU's that have the appropriate RGB input are no longer advertised as being compatible with the add-on nav units. It will not surprise me if the D1/D2 are soon to follow.

I think it's a good idea to keep instructions on how to modify the disc for add-on nav units, we'll probably need them again next year.

if you would like to give powerISO a shot, here is a link to a free download. http://www.poweriso.com/ I have been using the trail version for last years and this years version. download and install it. it show two panes, files on the left and folders on the right. as long as you have the file highlighted in the left hand pane and you have the DL DVD inserted, click burn on lowest speed and check verify disc. i wish i could be more for you.

or try this link: http://download.cnet.com/PowerISO/3000- ... 39118.html

OK, I downloaded and installed PowerISO, burned the ISO to a DL DVD and it STILL doesn't work. :shock:

if you would like to give powerISO a shot, here is a link to a free download. http://www.poweriso.com/ I have been using the trail version for last years and this years version. download and install it. it show two panes, files on the left and folders on the right. as long as you have the file highlighted in the left hand pane and you have the DL DVD inserted, click burn on lowest speed and check verify disc. i wish i could be more for you.

or try this link: http://download.cnet.com/PowerISO/3000- ... 39118.html

OK, I downloaded and installed PowerISO, burned the ISO to a DL DVD and it STILL doesn't work. :shock:

not sure why it wouldn't work. i burned last years and this years update the same way. did you make sure you verified the disc?