AVIC411.com

Nav wont follow car upon start up

I just want to find out if other people are having the same problem....

When I get into my car each morning and hit the "OK" button on the disclaimer screen the map will not follow my car. It stays where it was when i turned the car on until I hit the "MAP" button to get rid of the red crosshair icon.

My assumption is that when I press the "OK" button on the black disclaimer screen, this also marks the point on the map that is directly "under" the OK button. So when the disclaimer screen goes away the red crosshair is right where my finger was when i pressed OK.

I press the MAP button to clear the red crosshair it returned to following my car but this should not be necessary.

I have found that this only happens when the car has been sitting still for a while (over night) and when the map is the last thing on when I turn off the car. if i have the radio screen or the ipod screen on when I turn off the car this does not happen.

anyone else experiencing the same thing?

• 2 weeks later...

Might not apply to you guys, but I had my antenna mounted on the top of the HU initially. It seemed to work, but then only intermittently got signal and the nav just wouldn't follow me at all. I moved the antenna to middle of the dash at base of windshield and this problem is totally resolved. Good luck.

This is definitely a software issue. I am running the F series with the same 3.01 software as the X series. I noticed this problem when I upgraded to the the 3.0x software from the old 2.6 software. Don't think it is anything that can be fixed easily by us, will have to wait for a version update from Pioneer. I just got used to it and hit the Map button like you said, or hit the Audio source and then go back to the map.

No sooner did I think I had this issue licked than it started happening again. What I found on my unit is that when the x is there on the screen and the nav is not following me when I leave my house, I enter the GPS setting screen and found that it's not picking up satellites. I think it's because we live in a very old neighborhood with huge forests. Once I leave the neighborhood and I'm on a main road about 2 minutes or so, it finds the satellites and the signal comes back and picks up my car.

i dont think it has anything to do with your neighborhood. same thing happens to me and I am in wide opens areas outside of Washington DC. i think its just that the unit is taking an abnormally long time to link up with the satellites. could be due to the positon of the GPS antenna. right now mine is under the dash. i will move it and see if it helps.