AVIC411.com

To return it or Hold off for an updated firmware

Guys,

We all know the issues we are having with AVIC-U310BT, after contacting and talking to seller and explaining issues, he agreed to accept the return.

Now, what should I do? Do you guys think we will get firmware updates anytime soon? I so I can hold off sending it back. I hate to send it back and leave a hole in my dash until I get a new unit and install that unit.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

It is definitely better idea to have the unit repaired. Which means preinstalled. I think they will release firmware update soon. I'm still trying to get into test mode with no success.

You meant to say that I should not return it and wait for updates? I already installed and I am using for couple for weeks now. Even to send it for repair I need to rip it out of my dash.

If I have to send it to repair, I would rather return it as I have to remove it and live with hole in dash for couple of weeks anyways.

• 7 months later...

There is no indication there will ever be an update to this unit and so the issues you are having will probably not get addressed. There will probably be a replacement announced soon but don't expect to be able to upgrade to that units software for your unit.

Has anyone with a U310 downloaded the Z110 service manual? Have you tried the method to get into testmode for the Z110 on the U310 to see if it works?

And we still haven't been able to access testmode on the Z in the form you are thinking and probably never will.

There is no indication there will ever be an update to this unit and so the issues you are having will probably not get addressed. There will probably be a replacement announced soon but don't expect to be able to upgrade to that units software for your unit.

And we still haven't been able to access testmode on the Z in the form you are thinking and probably never will.

There was a firmware update (1.0003) late last year that mercifully addressed some of the more pressing issues, although several annoyances remain (particularly incorrect locations on the GPS).

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... 10BT?tab=F

Given the heavy discounting of the U310 around the web and new versions of other models coming out, it seems like an update to the hardware is imminent (maybe even as soon as the Road Show next week). I agree with VBLUE42; unfortunately we will probably never see another firmware update or anyone getting into test mode on this model.