AVIC411.com

one more antenna question???????

If you're worried about that, grab some 3m double sided tape and tape them down. I've never had a customer come back because a carwash ripped an antenna I taped down off.

The only problem with that is they might lose reception with tape in between the antenna and the metal. I did some tests and you get poorer reception with thinner metal than thicker metal.

I don't know about the sat radio ones, but I was testing the Z1's GPS antenna. It was attenuated due to my placement and I started testing it and it was the worse with no metal, better with the thin foil sticker and best with a thick plate which I ended up using.

Without it, is it acceptable for Sat radio reception? Probably, depends on the area and where the sat is at the time I guess. It might not make an obvious to the user degradation, but people tell me that those sat antennas work best coupled to metal. I guess it depends on the thickness of the adhesive. I have 2mil 5mil 10mil and some 1/16 inch. I would bet the thinner ones would be just fine. The thicker spongy stuff might not work as well.