AVIC411.com

AVIC F90BT And iPhone 3Gs "This accessory is not..." error

Little bit of a problem. I have an iPhone 3gs running on 3.0.1. I have the AVIC F90BT with the 2.0 firmware upgrade.

If I plug an iPod into my system using the USB/Ipod cable that came with my unit, the Avic Detects the iPod, changes the USB logo in the AV selector to "iPod" and then allows me to select it and change songs from the touch screen on my iPod.

However, when I plug my iPhone 3Gs into this port, I get the message:

10633_141708056879_595896879_2507071_4871399_n.jpg

I've used both the stock Pioneer cable along with the stock Apple cable that came along with my ipod. I've herad that's a regular message and to just ignore it, but unfortunately, the USB logo doesn't change to iPod so I have no idea what to do. If I'm listening to Pandora, it says "dock application" at the bottom and the sound stops playing, however, I'm unable to play the sound through my speakers.

Any suggestions?

I've used both the stock Pioneer cable along with the stock Apple cable that came along with my ipod. I've herad that's a regular message and to just ignore it, but unfortunately, the USB logo doesn't change to iPod so I have no idea what to do. If I'm listening to Pandora, it says "dock application" at the bottom and the sound stops playing, however, I'm unable to play the sound through my speakers.

Any suggestions?

• 9 months later...
I am also having the same issue with mine. I am searching for the solution and when I find out I'll post asap

There is no "solution" it's operating as designed, it simply is saying that the AVIC does not identify itself to the iphone as an iphone approved device, just say NO to airplane mode and it will work fine.

The solution? buy a Fx10BT device, they have the chip in them that says "hey I'm an approved for iphone device"