AVIC411.com

About to purchase a F700BT, some questions

I'm am thinking of purchasing a used F700BT. Mainly going to be using it for music/mp3 using the SD/USB. Not too concerned with bluetooth etc. I have some general questions however. I've heard there is a lag in the nav features which I can deal with but here are my other questions.

-How long is the start time for music playback from SD card on vehicle startup?

-How long is the start time for music playback from USB flash drive on vehicle startup?

-Can the tracks be selected with the knob instead of the touch screen?

-Is there lag between accessing tracks?

-Any other problems I should be concerned with?

Thanks

To smitty10 I have an F900BT running 2.0 it takes abount 25-30 seconds to boot up after that I can put in SD card 16GB with 14GBs on music on it. After inserting the card it takes about 1-2 seconds to display. Anyway if you have the the few extra bucks think about a F900BT it also plays DVD's and if you upgrade with 3.0 Pioneer CNSD-100FM Map Upgrade for F Series Navigation. You would have the same as a X910BT and save some money. I like my 900 so any way you go you can't go wrong 700 900 pick one !! Good Luck Jeff R.

post-37027-12872759392103_thumb.jpg

So just to clarify. If I have SD set as source I won't have music until I've been driving around for a minute? Is the 900 any faster?

None of the models are any faster then the other in how long music starts, the software revisions do make a difference, and 3.x is faster for many people. My experience is that with 3.0 FM is fastest, ipod 2nd fastest, and SD slowest. The reason is that in FM you just make the already tuned and running source active into the mixer, ipod just sends a play command, (it doesn't scan or decode from the ipod to get up right away) and with SD or USB, it has to actually looks at the card before playing.