AVIC411.com

a bit confused on hard bypass

so from what i have read i did the hard bypass correctly on my x910bt, yet i get locked out above the 10mph mark.

i understand there is a software fix for this but i really don't want to mess with that, so here is where i am confused.

i moved the mute wire to its new location and grounded that along with PB wire, yet when i hit 10 MPH the unit tells me that is has detected the ground wire is not correct.

did i do the ground incorrectly? if so then why am i able to watch video without the parking break engaged? is it mandatory to do both the hard and soft bypass?

one last thing, i have a subaru and the stock HU had a black wire (im assuming it was a ground) that no longer is being used, should i attach the parking brake wire to that one?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I just bought a AVIC-X710BT but haven't installed it yet. From the various bits of reading I've done it appears that I need to move the mute wire (found video for this on youtube) and once moved ground it together with the ground wire and the green parking break wire. Does this work to bypass need to be stopped and parking break on to type in addresses?

Yes, per the instructions. In order to bypass the unit, you most relocate the mute wire and ground it and the P brake wire. If it doesn't work its not done correctly. Usually the relocated wire is the problem. Make sure you have a good connections with the wires and all will be well.