AVIC411.com

What is instant about the unit?

I liked the unit because it is instant and do not need to boot, in retrospect I am not sure what is instant about the unit.

Is it that unit shows bluetooth connected when I turned on the key, and only to tell me my phone is disconnected after 15 seconds later. How lame is that, application should know when you turn off the power it is disconnected., in addition it tells us message saying it is disconnected. User expects to see connected message after starting unit, not disconnected message.. It happend before I got out of my car.. Hello!

Unit takes 32+ seconds finally connect to Phone, is it this 32 seconds called instant? Even F-series with updates boots up in 40 seconds.

The Unit pretty much takes same time as cold boot to lock into satellites, I am surprized it does not scan for the satellites based on last known co-ordinates. It takes more time to lock into satellites than my factory unit in my prius, and same time or more than portable unit.

Ofcourse it is only audio system that is usable instantly, but any basic audio system starts instantly.

So, can someone tell me what is instant about this unit?

Also, one observation I made, when the units battery is dead, it is loosing the all phone sync information!! Can it save to built-in flash memory? Later when the battery becomes weak, we end up syncing phone every start!!?

Why is Navigation volume different from Audio volume? Is there a specific reason for that. I would expect Nav volume based on my audio volume which is adjusted based on surrounding noise(highway vs local), I should not have to go to menu,settings to keep changing this volumes everytime I get on a highways and comeback to local roads? What kind of integration is that?

Dude if you're going to complain so much about the unit, you obviously aren't happy with it. Why don't you just return it? It will be worth the aggravation in the end to switch it out for something else.

Yes, I agree. Thinking of possibilities. But putting my thoughts/issues here atleast avoid someone else getting into the same situation or atleast make them aware of the unit issues and let them make informed decisions,

It sounds strange to me as to 32+ seconds etc. I also have U310BT, use it with an iPhone and I never really feel like this Avic is too slow. My phone is connected in max. 10 seconds, really. Regarding the factory installed nav: of course this Avic will be slower on connecting the satellites. It does not have a connection to the speedometer, compass and other things like that which make a difference between a 500 USD Avic and a 2000 USD factory installed nav.

It sounds strange to me as to 32+ seconds etc. I also have U310BT, use it with an iPhone and I never really feel like this Avic is too slow. My phone is connected in max. 10 seconds, really. Regarding the factory installed nav: of course this Avic will be slower on connecting the satellites. It does not have a connection to the speedometer, compass and other things like that which make a difference between a 500 USD Avic and a 2000 USD factory installed nav.

So your unit does not say that "Phone has been disconnected" when turn on the key first? At least mine does, and so many others. This week couple of calls I had to take from Phone as sync was not completed, then I timed how long it takes before actually it connects to phone and I consistently got 32+ seconds from turn on the key. It is with my iPhone 2G as well as Motorola KRZR.

May be you have new firmware on your unit? Would you mind checking your Firmware version for Bluetooth and Nav and let us know if that is the difference?

Also would you mind clocking the time from turn on the key to finally it says Connected to your phone?

Yes, I have the new firmware on it. I got it from the European Pioneer site. It said it was only for the F310bt, the European models. The txt file in the update folder said it was also for the U310bt, so i made the update. Though i must say i updated it not because i had some issues, but just because i had an opportunity. The device works after the update exactly as before, with just one difference: when using the detachable unit, it does not power off instantly when i switch it off but takes about 2-3 seconds to switch off. Once again, no issues either prior to update or after it.

Yes, I have the new firmware on it. I got it from the European Pioneer site. It said it was only for the F310bt, the European models. The txt file in the update folder said it was also for the U310bt, so i made the update. Though i must say i updated it not because i had some issues, but just because i had an opportunity. The device works after the update exactly as before, with just one difference: when using the detachable unit, it does not power off instantly when i switch it off but takes about 2-3 seconds to switch off. Once again, no issues either prior to update or after it.

So, you mean to say you do not see the message saying "Phone has been disconnected" when you turn on the key(about 12-15 secs later)?

Would you mind checking which version you are seeing in specific to Bluetooth module in yours when you get a chance?

May be I should upgrade too..., any caution.. notes for the upgrade(or a mini guide)? Appreciate any help in improving the situation with this unit.